Chapter 55 Time to Take Control of His Life

After a tense Thanksgiving dinner with his family, Matt returned to Colin's apartment around four pm and found Finn and Colin getting ready to leave for the Friendsgiving at the RePUBlic.

"Hey Mate," Finn said to Matt. "How was the family gathering."

Matt snorted, walked to the bar, and poured himself a whiskey. He drank it down, and then he poured himself another one.

"That bad?" Finn said. "What happen?"

Colin walked into the room and stared at Matt. "What's going on? Did Logan leave?"

"Yes, he left before the dinner. We met with Alec first at the office. Logan told us that Mitchum had been having him followed and kept files on him and his ex-girlfriend.

He also found the contract for the Dynastic Plan that his grandfather signed and told us that he did not sign it."

Colin shook his head. "We told him not to become involved with the Roitfields, but he always would cave and do exactly what Elias and Mitchum told him to do."

"At least he did follow our advice and not sign the contract," Finn added. "I know about the files already. He called me and asked me the name of the security group I use. I think he hired them."

"He did. They arrived at the office before Logan left and began making changes. Logan also has a new phone and phone number. "Matt gave him Logan's new number."

"What are you going to do now?" Colin asked him.

"Probably just go upstairs and check on my email."

Finn shook his head, "Come on Mate; you're coming with us."

The three men left to join them at the RepBUBlic for the Friendsgiving. They ate some delicious food, drank, and laughed. When Matt left, he completely forgot about the unpleasant family gathering he was at earlier. They left the bar when it closed at one am, and Colin dropped him off at his apartment before spending the night at his father's house.

Matt was walking up the stairs when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Pulling it out, he saw that it was a message from Logan. Anxious to speak to him, he called him back.

"Logan? Is everything okayokay?" he asked when Logan answered immediately.

"Matt, I didn't mean to wake you, I wanted you to know that I landed and I wondered if Gramps and Alec got off okayokay?"

Matt sat down on his bed and leaned against the headboard. "No worries, Logan. I wanted to talk to you anyway. Gramps, Robert and Alec left around five thirty and according to the text I got from Alec, the plane was going to take off by six. So they should be arriving in London around six am."

Logan looked at the clock on his desk in his apartment.

"Good to know. It's around eight-thirty here, so I have time to sleep before the plane lands. I set up a meeting for nine am, which should give them time to rest before heading into the office. How was Thanksgiving dinner?"

"It was interesting."

"What happened? Did my parent's cause a scene?"

"After dinner and before dessert, your father insisted that he talk to your grandfather alone. Gramps refused and had Alec join them. Then not long after that Robert received a text message for him to join them in the office. There was shouting coming form the office, I was ready to go and check on Gramps when your father, stormed out out of the office, and demanded that Honor help get your mother in the car. Instead of helping any of us, he sat in the car fuming and once we finally had her settled, he tore out of the driveway spraying gravel all over the place."