Meeting At the RePUBlic

AN: Thank you for all your support and patience as I recover from my surgery. It has been very frustrating since it limits my time writing online. I have recently completed Chapter 63 in Taking Back Control, and I hope you like it.

Chapter 63 Meeting at the Republic

Before Rory left to meet Louise, Rory called Paris and convinced her to meet them at the parking lot across from Elin's Boutique. Twenty minutes later, the girls walked into the boutique, admiring Elin's choices. After two hours of trying on dresses, shoes and accessories, the three friends left the boutique. They found the perfect dress and bought shoes and other accessories for the dance. Since there was a spa next door to the Elin's Boutique that offered a Day of Beauty, which included a full body massage, European facial, lunch, Spa Manicure, Pedicure, a personalized shampoo/blow-dry and makeup, they booked it agreeing that they deserved a day of relaxation before their big night. Elin told the girls that after their spa treatment, they could return to her shop and get dressed together for the ball, eliminating the need to bring their purchases home. Since Rory's dress was on sale and within her budget, she decided to purchase the dress herself. She used Tristan's card to book her spa package and her father's card to buy the shoes and accessories for the evening. After booking their appointments, the girls hugged and said goodbye. Rory pulled out of the parking lot and headed toward the expressway. The screen on her car lit up and showed her she had a call. Smiling, she pressed the button on her steering wheel and answered. "Hey, What's going on?"

Hearing her voice, not the voicemail he was expecting, Tristan responded, "Babe, I'm sorry I think I might be late for the dinner tonight."

"Oh, do we need to cancel?" she asked.

"No, but if I'm not back before seven- fifteen, go ahead downstairs without me. The reservation are at seven thirty."

"Okay. I just left Louise. She said that Ethan would be picking her up and they would meet us at the restaurant. Should I call and tell her we might be late?"

"No, I'll send Ethan and Colin both quick text letting them know that I'm held up at the hospital. If the patients are on time, then I shouldn't be too late. So tell me did you purchase a Versace?" he asked as he continued walking down the corridor.

Rory giggled. "You will just have to wait and see, but I think you will like it. Louise help me pick it up."

"Well if Louise helped you pick it out, I'm sure you will look beautiful in it."

"Then I guess the burlap dress will be perfect for the dance," she teased.

"I'm sure it will be." He walked through the archway and passed the bank of elevators. "Babe, I've got to go. See you soon."

"Bye, Tris."

Smiling, Rory disconnected the phone and glanced at the clock. It was four-forty-five, and if the traffic kept on moving, she would have plenty of time to relax at home before she needed to change for dinner.

Ending the call, Tristan walked through the double doors and entered the wing for the Focus Solution Program. He stopped at the large reception desk.

"Carin, could you let them know I'm on my way?"

"Of course, Dr. Dugray. Oh and here are some messages that have come in for you." Tristan took the messages and looked through them quickly. One was a notice from Grant telling him he wouldn't be at today's meeting. The other two were from his office, rescheduling the appointments for tomorrow.

Tristan was concerned when Scott Callahan and Grant Hughes offered him the position of Chef Arthroscopic surgeon in the program. He realized how it would impact his already busy schedule with his career as a Trauma surgeon. To convince Tristan that it would work out, they agreed to give him a new office in the new wing, guaranteeing that Nettie Hartley, his nurse practitioner and his PA, Jack Robinson, would join him and would no longer be required to spend time in the trauma unit. The men also agreed to hire four new nurses to join the surgical team to help with the increase in patients, which would impact Tristan's already busy schedule.