Chapter 18 Conversations

Chapter 18    Conversations

Tristan drove back towards Hartford. He reached across the center console of the car and took her hand in his.

"Mare we don't have to end our evening now. Let's go back to my place."

"Tris, maybe you should take me home, we could sit together in the sunroom and you can hold me in your arms."

"Is that what you really want, Mare?"

"We said that we will take our relationship slow, and if I am alone with you something might happen. I think this is better."

He looked at the clock and noticed that it was only eight pm.

"Mare, I have an idea, let me call Paris."

"Paris?"

"Yes, isn't she your best friend? I have a feeling she can help you tonight."

Tristan pushed the phone button on his steering wheel before Rory could protest. He spoke into the Bluetooth and said, "Call Paris."

"I don't think we should bother her tonight, she has a date with Jess and..."

Paris looked at the caller ID and answered after three rings, "This better be important Dugray, " she yelled into the phone.

"Paris, good your home? We need your help and we are on our way over."

"We? Who's we? It better not be you and the two knucklehead friends that masquerade as doctors, Dugray. I have plans and I am in the middle of something.."

"Put your clothes back on. Mare and I are coming over."

"Wait, what? Why?" Paris asked in shock.

"It seems that Triston 2.0 is in town and we almost had a close encounter of the worst kind."

"Oh geez, sorry Jess, seems like Rory is on her way over, she almost had a run in with your favorite Yale Dick," Paris mumbled to Jess, "Okay, Fine, put her on the phone so I can talk to her."

.

"Rory, what did that hedonistic man do this time? I told you when you broke up with him that you were better off. But no you had to go back with him."

"Paris, wait. I didn't talk to him, but Tristan did. "she tried to explain.

"Wait they met? Whoa, I'm sorry I missed it. Did Tristan punch him?" Paris asked.

"Paris, is Rory okay?" Jess asked concerned. "Paris, give me the phone..."Jess told her holding his hand out.

"Paris I'll tell you everything when I get there. Now let me talk to Jess." Paris pouted as she handed her the phone.

"Ror, I'm here, are you okay? Did he try to do anything?" Jess asked her..

"Jess, I'm sorry if we are interrupting anything. This was all Tristan's idea," she told him and looked at Tristan. "I told him to take me back to my father's, but he thought Paris could help me.

"It's okay, we want you to come over. I've got you and I think it's time Tristan and I talked. I don't want him to get the wrong idea about us."

"What idea will Tristan get about you and Rory, Jess? Is there something I should be worried about?" Paris yelled in the background.

"Listen I better go and calm my girl down, see you soon," Jess said and smirked at Paris as he handed her back her phone.

"Gilmore what is he talking about? What is going on between you two?" the insecure Paris shouted at Rory.