He messed up Pt. 1

Okay so guys. First of all thanks a lot for the
motivation and kinds words on the author's note that I posted a few days ago. They really mean a lot to me.

Now, this one shot is set during Serkan's tumour plot. Just something that came to my mind and it's kind of a little sad. So already warning you.
Also a surprise and a request for you all at the end. 😊
———————————
For quite a few days things weren't going well between Serkan and Eda. After he was detected with tumour and treated for the same, he had changed a lot. He was no more the Serkan, Eda fell in love with. He was cold, insensitive now. He wouldn't talk to Eda much, always finding reasons to fight with her. But she still held onto the hope that things would get better for them. He was in fear and scared, hence he closed himself off, that's what Eda thought. But he was back to the workaholic robot and he had even asked Eda to work separately so that he doesn't get distracted.
Eda's heart was breaking every single day but she was still clinging onto the hope and love she had for him even though at times she felt he didn't love her anymore. They hardly had sex now and even kisses and hugs were to a minimum now.

But today, she had hope. She woke up with a good feeling because it was her birthday and she knew Serkan would want to spend the whole day with her. They would get some time alone and mend their relationship.

She woke up excited but then immediately her smile faded as she saw the other side of bed empty. He wasn't in bed with her. She looked towards the bathroom door but it was open which meant he wasn't showering as well. She called his name a few times from bed. Maybe he was out in kitchen. But on hearing no response, she stepped out of the bed, wore her jumper and looked around the house. He was nowhere. Her eyes filled with tears as the thought crossed her mind that probably he forgot her birthday. But she still hoped. Maybe he was going to surprise her. They hadn't turned so distant that he would not even remember her birthday, atleast that's what she thought. For god's sake, they were engaged, living together and loved each other. Maybe he was just playing along and actually give her a surprise.

She wiped the tears off her face and quickly went to take bath and get ready. Of course she wasn't working today as she never worked on birthdays. Plus being the owner of 45% shares of holding meant, she was her own boss and she could anytime take a leave.

Her birthday routine every year before meeting Serkan included going to her parents grave and spending time there and then with her friends. Her last birthday, which was her first time with Serkan, 5 months after they met and 2 month after they started dating for real, Serkan had taken her on a romantic dinner by the beach. Till date, she considered it her best birthday and was looking forward to what he would do for her this year. Maybe she was expecting too much given the stage of relationship and bonding they were currently at. But she still hoped.

So she got ready, visited her parents grave and sat there for a while. A lot of people had called her but she didn't receive the only call she was expecting. From Serkan. She sadly sat back in her  car 2 hours later and decided to pay him a visit in office.

She came in Artlife after a few days since now she was working from home as per Serkan's wishes. Everyone came forward wishing her birthday and Erdem and Leyla had actually got her a cupcake and balloons. She thanked them and asked for Serkan.

"Leyla, where's Serkan?" She asked looking around and in his office, but he was nowhere.

"Ohh Eda. He went to a construction site. He had to inspect something. But you know what I think, maybe he is planning a surprise for you." Leyla said last part happy and whispering in her ear. Eda smiled. Maybe she was right. Maybe he was actually planning something for her. She smiled and left office to go to her Hala's house. Hala and Melo waited for her, also there were Aydan hanim and Seyfi as well wishing her birthday when she went in.