A knock from the past

Hey guys. How are you all doing?
From the comments on the last chapter about HanKer, I am actually relieved to read them. Thankyou for writing those. I hope with all my heart that those were fake rumours and that they are still together. And I uninstalled Twitter. All those things on timeline were really getting too much for me.

PS:- Also, I did say I was going to take a break. But then, I have got so accustomed to writing regularly, that I felt this void not writing anything for a day or two.

PS:- Again a family Edser. One where they support each other immensely.

————————————————

Serkan was in a meeting in his upstairs office when he heard a desperate knock on his door. He had told Leyla to not be disturbed till he was upstairs because the online meeting was really an important one and Eda was in another meeting downstairs with a client. That's why he had come upstairs to have this meeting. He was getting irritated with the knock on the door.

He spoke on the online call,
"Pardon, give me a minute Evrem bey.." he said switching off his audio and video and literally making up his mind to kill Erdem if he was the person knocking, because no employee in his right mind would disturb him in between an important meeting especially when he had given that order to Leyla, but Erdem didn't have brains, right?! So he could be the only person who would dare to do this.

He opened his door shouting,
"I told Leyla to not disturb me. What was so important that it couldn't....?" He stopped speaking as he saw Eda standing on the door with a panicked expressions. "Am I disturbing you Serkan?" She asked with a few unshed tears and shaking body.

"Eda? What happened?" He asked worried.
"No, of course you aren't disturbing. Come in." He said holding her hand guiding her in and locking the door behind him. Just 30 minutes ago, he had come upstairs leaving his wife in the conference room below to have her own meeting. What happened in last 30 minutes that she was panicking right now?

"Serkaaan. Fuck. I forgot. Your meeting. I.. I will come later." She said turning back.

"Eda.. wait askim." He said still holding her hand.

Serkan quickly rushed to his laptop on the table and switched on his mic.
"Evrem bey, pardon. I will have to reschedule this meeting. Some family emergency came up. I am really sorry. I hope you understand."

"Of course Serkan bey. Let my assistant know when you would be available for another call. Take care." The man on the other side of video call spoke.
"Thankyou Evrem Bey. I will schedule a meeting with you asap." He said cutting the call and closing his laptop.

He rushed back to a shaking Eda.
"Eda, come here. Sit down. Calm down first. Okay? I will get you some lemon water." He said as Eda sat down and he stood up to go to cafeteria and get her some lemon water. Eda held his hand immediately, stopping him from going.

"Serkan. Don't go. Stay with me." She said teary eyed.

"Tamam. Tamam. I am here with you. I will call Leyla and tell her to get you lemon water. Have my glass of water for now." He said picking up his glass of water kept beside his laptop and getting it for Eda. He sat down on her side and gave her the glass of water. He called Leyla asking her for 2 glasses of lemon water.

"Calm down. Good. Now tell me what happened? Why are you panicking?" He said caressing her hair as she gave him back the glass of water.

"Serkan.."
"Is it about your meeting? The new project? Don't worry, if we didn't get that project. We will get a hundred other proj..." he said caressing her back.

"Serkan, Tahir called me." She said interrupting him and holding his hand tightly.

"Tahir?"
"Evet, Babanne wants to meet me. And Alp and Kiraz. And you." She said panicking.