New Years Eve • Y.B.

[Third Person...]

Today is New Year's Eve, I'm spending it with the love of my life and my family.

I have three brothers; Matthew, Bellamy, and Triston and my mom, Cami.

We were going to spend it with her family but there came an urgent mission with Natasha and her parents were helping to release the rest of the widows.

"Here you are, my love." She hands me a fruity but strong drink.

"Thank you, baby." I smile at her.

"So... I know your family is very indecisive about how they feel about... you being-"

"Don't worry about it, I've spoken to my mom." I smile at her

"So... we're kissing as midnight?" She asks hopeful. My family is quite reserved and refuses to think otherwise. They love me enough to put their own opinions aside but it doesn't help the matter that two of my brothers get to kiss their wife and girlfriend on New Years... and I can't.

"Not exactly..." I said

"We discussed, and came up with a compromise... you can kiss me on the cheek." I smile hopeful that she would agree to that. But her smile wiped off her face as she rolled her eyes.

"I want to kiss the love of my life on New Years..."

"And you will!" You argue, she glared at you. So you cuddle into her.

"I'm sorry, my love..."

She sighs.

"It's not your fault... it's just- the superstition when you do not kiss your person on New Years... the possibility of not kissing you throughout the year-"

"Don't think like that! We're going to make it through the year." You say trying to calm her nerves.

"Promise me." She whispers. You lean your head against hers as you play with the hairs on the side of her face.

"I promise, my love." She weakly smiles before turning her head and taking a sip of her drink.

New Years came around faster than you'd hoped.

You had your reservations of certain holidays, but the one that gave you the most anxiety of all. It was New Year's Eve. It made your heart speed up, your lungs close, and a creepy feeling go up your spine. You hated it.

Yelena made things feel better.

You even invited Wanda over to your families house, although she hadn't shown up yet.

Then you heard a knock.

"Hey!" You said excitedly, happiness flowing through you as you could totally know that Wanda wasn't alone for New Years, she was alone for Christmas either. You invited her over, even bought her a bunch of presents as did your family as you all have this thing for giving a bunch of gifts instead of one.

"Hi!" She said happily.

"I'm so glad you came, just in time! The ball is going to drop." You said pulling her in. You gave her, her twelve grapes. Handed her a drink as well.

"After we all give each other our hugs and kisses, we eat twelve grapes, with each grape you make a wish for that month." You smile.

She nods.

"Got it, thank you for inviting me."

"It's no problem! Your my best friend, you're my family. I couldn't do with you being alone." You said hugging her.