74.

A full-on war. The King just declared bloodshed against the would-be usurper.  

I could almost taste the shock in the air, the excitement the announcement made. The nobles and the maharlika's clapped, impressed by the words of the king once again. 

Hindi makapaniwalang napatulala lang ako sa hari. Ang kanyang ngiti ay hindi matawaran. He looked proud with the assessment, and with the smiles of the council beside him, I knew that this was a decision they unanimously agreed upon. The only two people on the High Table that didn't look impress was prince Gestalt and lord Areling. Prince Gestalt looked worried, as though he didn't agree with the decision. Knowing him, he probably was thinking there was another way this could have been resolved. But I know he was wrong, I am not a big fan of war. But I know this was where this was heading to. At batid kong maging ang mga rebelde ay alam na dito hahantong ang mga atake nila. They succeeded, with the King officially acknowledging the threat. Sa kabilang banda, hindi matukoy ang ekspresyon s amukha ni Lord Areling. He just looked... calculating as he always did. 

Napatingin ako sa katabi ko. Tulad ko, lunod din ang kapitan  sa sariling isip sa naging anunsyo ng hari.

"Ngayon, aming mga mahal na bisita," muling sigaw ng hari. Natigil muli sandali ang palakpakan at sabik na mga usapan, "pagsaluhan natin ang mga pagkaing ito. Enjoy this feast and have your fill. And then after we will dance to the music. But make sure to not leave yet. Before we end this night, I have one more announcement to make. And its not one you want to miss," may diing dagdag ng hari. Sabay lingon niya. Sinundan ko ang tingin ng hari. 

Si Lord Simeon Areling. He stared back to the king, unyielding. The king smiled at him, and Lord Areling gave a small smile in return. 

Kung gayon, maliban sa kanyang pag-anunsyo ng digmaan, mayroong pang isang pasabog ang hari ngayong gabi. Hindi na ako magtataka kung ang sasabihin ng hari ay may kinalaman sa regalo na ipinangako nito kay Lord Areling at kay Keiv. 

Keiv. I spared him a glance. Keiv's eyes indicated he knew what the king meant with that additional announcement.  Hindi ko alam kung batid niya kung ano magaganap, kung ano ang regalong tinutukoy ng hari. Gayunpaman ay halata ang pagkabahala sa kanyang mga mata.

Although I believe, like me,  whatever the king is planning it was something Keiv himself would probably not like as well. 

King Titus ended his speech then, clinking a spoon to a goblet. He nodded at the boy dressed in blue uniform on the right. The king's crier saluted and then once again started yelling, announcing the beginning of the feasts.

The crowds begin to disperse, guests heading towards their seat as the servants began to bring out  the foods. 

Binalikan ko ang batuhan ng salita ni Lord Areling at ng hari. That conversation have been threatening--- the king making sure Lord Areling knew his place, and likewise, lord Areling making sure the king knew why he got the position in the first place. Marahil ay napagtatanto na ng hari na hindi basta-basta ang posisyon at kapangyarihang hawak ni lord Areling. At base sa naging tono ng hari nang banggitin nito ang regalong alok niya kay lord Areling, hindi lamang ito basta regalo kundi may bahid ng politika.  

The crowds applauded once again, obviously delighted with the king's vigor.

Hindi ko batid kung bakit natutuwa ang mga maharlika sa ideya ng digmaan. War is expensive, it costs gold and time and most of all, people. Lives will be lost. But also, war provides the best opportunity for the Maharlika's to gain favor in the court. While men gambles with their life, the Maharlikan's on the other hand will be engaged with their political games. 

I patted Keiv on the shoulder, he blinked as though waking from a trance. Giniya ko si Keiv sa isa sa mga upuan. Each round table could cater to six people, we were joined by strangers. Ngumiti sila sa amin.