𝟓𝟐

Edited

You step out of the Kamado household, waving goodbye to everyone as they all stood in the doorway. That's when your eyes caught sight of Tanjiro's again, your cheeks becoming warm before you quickly turned away nervously.

You didn't fail to notice the small smile that had appeared on his lips before he continued to stare at you and your parents as you hopped into the car and drove away. Never did his eyes cease away from the disappearing car.

"So... Did you work things out with Tanjiro?" your mother suddenly asks you, making you scoff at her as she acted as if she had done nothing.

One of the many things you found annoying about your mother. How she would act innocent when she clearly did something not so good.

Well, in this case it wasn't good at all.

"Yep. We're just fine, thanks for asking." you mumbled out, not really caring if you gave her attitude or not.

Your father noticed this however and looked at you from the rearview mirror before looking back at the road.

Your mother only gave you a warning glance before she went back chit chatting with your dad, letting you be. Yet that only made you angrier.

This bitch is not just only avoiding the damn situation—she's AVOIDING ME!

You frowned from your thought, glaring at the back of your mother's head before suddenly the car went silent as you received a notification—your eyes softening as you checked and saw that Tanjiro had sent you a message..

iMessage games?! Perfect.

You chuckle to yourself before you click onto the chat, noticing how he had sent you a game of 8 ball. You were quite good at that game, with over 300 wins.

Yet you were surprised as Tanjiro immediately won, making you stutter about and spam him with questions on how the hell he was so good.

He had only responded with a few emojis, clearly mocking you and teasing you. You cock an eyebrow up, staring at the teasing remarks he had sent.

Interesting.. I've never seen this side of him before..

Frowning with thought, you'd decided to just have random conversations with him. Since you were clearly not in the right mind to rage over a simple imessage game.. Yet who could blame you? You were way too competitive for your own good.

"So, (Y/n), darling! Who're you texting?" your mother suddenly asked you, making your somewhat brightened mood immediately turn upside down.

"Nonya.."

"..what?—"

"Nonya business!" you exclaim, gritting your teeth at her as she only glared daggers at you. "Excuse me?! You have no right to talk to me like tha—"

"Excuse me, mom, but you had no right to even say those things in the first place!" the woman flinched, clearly knowing exactly what you were talking about.

She looked back at you, eyes blazing with fury. But you only return the favor and glared back at her.

Your father nervously tapped his finger against the wheel, lips pursed into a thin line as he started to sweat. He definitely wasn't ready for a daughter vs mother fight while driving back home..

"Hmph! Serves you right for being so sexual with our new neighbours!!"

"WHAT?! MOM YOU KNOW I WAS OVERDOZED WITH TOO MANY SLEEPING PILLS—YOU KNEW IT ALL ALONG! MUI HAD TOLD YOU THAT!!"