𝟏𝟒

Edited

No fucking way...

Your hands formed into fists as you stared at the scene ahead. Tears formed in your wide eyes, and your heart had dropped all the way down to the ground. So many negative emotions you were feeling.. You couldn't even tell what was what neither what in the hell to do.

"(Y-Y/n).." Zenitsu whispers softly while standing beside you. Inosuke stood beside him, his emerald eyes slightly widened as he stared at the scene.

You didn't even acknowledge their presence. You were too concentrated on looking at the scene... While your heart would slowly shatter.

It was Tanjiro and Kanao kissing while they sat next to each other at a nearby café, sitting on one of the outdoor spots the place had to offer. You clench your fists tightly, a small and singular tear rolling down your cheek.

You quickly wipe it away, turning on your heel and slowly walking away. The blonde boy and the dark haired boy now staring at your saddened state. They of course ran up to you, not knowing how to comfort you.

They were shocked themselves but they still didn't know what to say, afraid they would say something that would hurt you. "It's alright.." you whisper, voice cracking. You had expected that from them, knowing that this will happen eventually.

After all, you did get a lot of chances to confess to Tanjiro. But you had decided not to, which caused this to happen.

Kanao and Tanjiro would surely start dating, along with Inosuke and Aoi, since now they knew their feelings for each other.

"I knew it would happen. My own fault for being a complete pussy and not telling my own best friend my feelings for him." you grumble out, shaking your head as you ignore the pain that was making your chest ache.

Your stomach twisted and turned as well, making you feel much worse than you already did. But you decided to act as if you never saw anything. No holding hands. No confession. No kiss... You decided to just pretend.

"(N/n)-chan!! Please slow down!!"

A sudden voice said, making the trio turn around. Your eyes widened when you saw who was gasping for air. It was none other than Tanjiro himself standing there, hands on his knees as he tried catching his breath.

He had broke the kiss with Kanao as soon as he saw Inosuke and Zenitsu running away, knowing damn well you were part of it as well. So he had sprinted after all of you, now finally catching up, which resulted in him gasping for air.

Just fucking kill me now..

You silently pray to god for forgiveness as you look up at the morning sky, your face filled with tear stains.

"(N-N/n)-chan.." Tanjiro says in a wheeze, now standing up straight since he had regained his composure. Zenitsu and Inosuke quickly stood on either side of you, as if they were your own personal bodyguards. They knew how much that hurt you, so they decided on backing you up, knowing you didn't want to tell him yet.

"You guys saw it, didn't you?" Tanjiro says more clearly, face slightly heating up at the thought of Kanao's soft and pink lips. Zenitsu and Inosuke nod their heads nervously, but Inosuke was a bit more brave and decided on grabbing the boy by the collar of his shirt, emerald eyes shooting daggers at burgundy ones.

"(Y—"

"Yes, we saw it! I'm guessing you and Kanao-chan are gonna start dating, yeah?" you softly said once you faced the boy, forcing a closed eye smile on your pretty face.

The boy blinks as Inosuke roughly let go of him, but his cheeks started heating up nonetheless. His lips trembled nervously as he scratched the back of his neck, not knowing how to answer your question.

"I hope you enjoyed it, and I'm happy if you're happy, Tanjiro-kun." you flatly said, sending him a small smile before turning on your heel and walking away, Inosuke and Zenitsu trailing after you. Still obviously worried about your emotional and mental state.

"We'll leave you two alone~.. for now!" you exclaimed as you ran, laughing menacingly as Zenitsu and Inosuke did as well, smiling on the fact that your mood had brightened.

But that smile on your face faded as soon as the three of you were far away enough, tears finally beginning to roll down your face. "(Y/n)-chan! Don't pay no mind to that loser! You'll meet someone better—" you shake your head at Zenitsu, who only frowned at how upset you were.

No one had any idea how much you liked him, your heart would always flutter around as if Tanjiro would talk to it directly. He made you feel a certain type of way, that was very different yet familiar.

You let out a small and surprised hum as random voices spoke in your head.

"You know you can't love him, (L/n)-sama!"

"I don't care if I'm not allowed, I love him, and I want him to always be with me. But the longer I make him wait the more he will want to be with someone else instead.."

"But you're a Hashira! And he's just a mere demon slayer, not even close to being a Hashira!"

"I don't think that's forbidden, according to the corps rules.."

"I—But you know it is, (L/n)-sama—"

"I don't even care anymore about these absurd rules—as if we would follow them."

You shake your head, blinking profusely as your eyes fixated on the sudden brightness. "(Y/n)?! (Y/n)!!" Zenitsu's voice came hurling down on your ears, making them ring. So many people spoke at once in your head, you didn't know what the hell was happening.

A 'Hashira'..? What in the world is that supposed to mean?!

You hadn't even bothered on answering Zenitsu, since your mind kept on replaying those voices.

Why would I randomly hear nothing but random ass voices? The fuck..

You pondered deeper into your thoughts while staring off into the distance, Zenitsu eventually picking you up and hugging you. It made you snap out of your small daze, all the voices fading away.

But, they were the same exact ones that kept you from sleeping peacefully..

"Zeni-chan!!!" you squeal as he placed you on his shoulder, Inosuke yelling in the background as he began chasing the two of you. Your eyes widened as you screeched, scared to death since Inosuke looked like a wild boar as he chased you and Zenitsu down the streets and towards his house.

But.. your mind kept on trekking back to those voices, the familiarity of them making your heart feel uneasy. Yet why would you feel that sense of familiarity?

You still felt so numb.. Not being able to fully process whatever the fuck had happened. You decide to slowly close your eyes, deciding on resting on the bony shoulder that was stabbing your gut.

Please tell me this is just a nightmare...

                      ˚★⋆。˚ 

                ★⋆

★⋆      .  ˚
           ˚