𝟏𝟏

Edited

You mumbled small curse words while you walked through the huge crowds of people. Nudging and pushing through, ignoring how everyone glanced at you, slight confusion and disgust in their eyes.

But you ignored it though, knowing this often happened. Your eyes were slightly droopy, since you stayed up all night. You didn't know why, but you had been feeling this strange heaviness in your chest ever since that night with Tanjiro.

You suddenly bump into a certain teacher, who quickly turned around. Golden eyes met (e/c) ones, yet all these set of eyes could do was look at your eye bags with worry.

"(L/n)-san.. What's got you all droopy and moody?" Rengoku's voice asks you, having you blink out of the small daze you were in. "Uh.. Nothing's wrong, Rengoku-sensei." you mumble out, shoving past him while he sighed, still worried about his fellow student that would always be boasting with energy.

But you really didn't care, you were sleep deprived, and you were excited for this long day of school to be over. It had already been a week after that sleepover with your friends, and they had been surprisingly busy with homework and their studies, especially Tanjiro.

You basically only talked to him at recess and lunch, since all of you always eat together in your breaks and boast on about life. And now, you finally had made it to the lunch table, plopping down rather abruptly.

Almost slamming your bento box against the table as Zenitsu and Tanjiro flinched from the sudden loud noise, while Inosuke just sighed as he kept on eating, still examining your behaviour. "And what's got you all droopy and moody?!" you roll your eyes as you open your bento box, ignoring Inosuke's question.

"Rengoku-sensei literally said the same thing." you mumble to yourself, starting to gobble down your food. Inosuke raises an eyebrow as Zenitsu flashes you a worried glance, while Tanjiro just narrowed his eyes as he kept on eating his food calmly.

"I'm guessing you didn't much sleep last night.." the burgundy haired boy remarks, still eating his food while Zenitsu just low key stared at you, and how you were basically falling asleep while eating. "Don't worry so much. She's just a bit stressed about a couple things, that's all.." Inosuke mumbled out, emerald eyes staring gently at your hollowed form as you kept on trying to wake up. But drowsiness would get the best of you.

Inosuke's actions caught the two males off guard however. They didn't expect for the oh-so aggressive and chaotic Inosuke Hashibaira to have a soft and gentle side, especially towards his partner in crime. which is you.

"Do you know something we don't, Inosuke?" Tanjiro's sudden question made the boy in question slightly flinch, knowing damn well he will never be able to lie to him. "I—I— Uh—.. GOTTA GO SHIT!" he yelled out as he stands up, almost twisting his ankle in the process, and now sprints away into the male's bathroom.

Zenitsu shakes his head, mumbling curses before he looks over at you again. His brown eyes were casted down with worry as he noticed how you were dead asleep on the table. Not knowing of all the loud noises and chatter around you.

"Let's take her home.. she might be too tired to stay up in classes." Tanjiro says, standing up and packing away his things before going over to where you were sleeping. He handed Zenitsu his bento box as he cleaned up your food and placed it back neatly inside the small bento box.

Tanjiro smiles softly as he stares at your pretty and relaxed face, letting out gentle snores as sleep carried you deeper into the darkness. He smiles again as he easily picked you up bridal style, surprising Zenitsu by his strength.

Tanjiro grips you tight and starts heading out of the rather large cafeteria, Kanao noticing this as her purple eyes flickered to your sleeping figure in his arms and Tanjiro himself. She sighs, stands up off the table, and is seen jogging up to Tanjiro as he made his way easily down the hall, Zenitsu beside him.

"T-Tanjiro-kun!"

Said male turns around, his eyes averting to your form as you snuggled up against his chest. Which made his heart rate quicken a bit.

He snaps out of his small trance and looks up, meeting a pair of dark purple eyes. Which obviously belong to Kanao.

"Oh! Hey Kanao-chan!"

Her ears turned red from how good her name sounded when he said it. A small smile appeared on his smooth lips as he looked at her, waiting on her to speak.

She gives him a gentle smile, fidgeting with her hands. "What's happened with (Y/n)-chan?" the question lingers in his mind before he finally answers with a simple "She fell asleep!".

Kanao nods with understanding while her smile became bigger when she looked at you, snuggled up closely against the boy's chest. "Oh.. alright! I'm guessing you're taking her home?" he answers her with a nod, eyes still staring into the unending purple abyss Kanao's eyes had to offer.

"Ah.. Well, I'll see you later, I have to get going!" Kanao says, brushing her arm against his own as she walked past and towards the girl's bathroom.

He blinks, tilting his head a bit to the side from the subtle action before continuing on with his mission to get you in your bed safe and sound.

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚★⋆。˚  ⋆
┊         ┊       ┊   ⋆
┊         ┊       ★⋆
┊ ◦
★⋆      ┊ .  ˚
           ˚★