Chapter 009

Later that night.

The Duke's office, the Duke of Aston, Colin's expression darkened.

He was a handsome man with gorgeous blonde hair and blue eyes like the sea, and he still maintained the beauty of his youth.

His forehead, unlike usual, had deep wrinkles.

In front of the Duke's desk stood the capable chief secretary, Gadin.

A little while ago, what he reported was classified as to Beryl.

To be specific, it was about how Raphine had been doing in Beryl's house.

Beryl was a family that thoroughly managed servants. In addition, it took a little time because only a few of the servants knew about Raphine.

"How can I handle it?"

"...I don't know. How should I deal with this?"

"If you give me an order, I'll take care of it right away. Should I make the Black Mask move?"

The Black Mask was the most elite unit under the Duke of Eston.

Their main specialty was assassination and stealing information, known as the secret organization of the underworld.

It was an organization under the surface used by aristocrats secretly, but in fact, their head was the Duke of Aston.

It was a top secret that neither the family's vassals nor the elders knew.

"It's too easy to deal with like that. First, block the money line slowly."

"All right."

"I can't leave out every single member of that family who dared make my daughter eat food that even a dog wouldn't eat, kick her, and accuse her of being of low blood."

"We will investigate and report on the personal information, family relationships, and financial situation of everyone, whether it is academics or merchants who come and go through their own families."

"Don't miss a single one."

"I see, sir."

After Gardin left, Duke Aston let out a deep sigh.

Colin blamed himself for all the moving in his family.

When the pregnant wife gave birth to Raphine, Sophia and her children were all staying in the mansion of the Duke of Aston in Sudoan, where her parents lived, not in the estate.

Apparently, that day, Colin was on the road to prevent the tyranny of barbarians at the border of the territory.

However, when they arrived, the annex of the mansion was on fire, and there was a great commotion.

Fortunately, his wife and family were unharmed...

⟨Honey... Colin, my child... my child... ⟩

When he met his wife, who was crying while holding the corpse of a dead infant.

He wanted to strangle himself.

It was no one's fault that the child died immediately after birth, and the people around him said that, but Colin had a different opinion.

If he were with his wife, maybe everything would have been different.

The work of that day remained as a burden on my heart that I would carry for the rest of my life.

But the child has changed.

At the time, I was so insane that I didn't even think of doing a paternity test for a dead child.

Of course, no one doubted it.