Episode 045

The Empress and Sophia were embarrassed by Raphine's words and then burst into laughter.

“I think my painting made a strong impression on Raphine.”

“Your Majesty, what a wonderful painting. Raphine, when we get home, mother will find a good teacher for you.”

“But I want to learn from the court painter who taught her Majesty to paint!”

Raphine said so and stared at the Empress.

Both the mother and the empress looked very bewildered.

“Raphine….”

Despite Sophia's insistence, Raphine looked at the Empress with earnest eyes.

'You're smart! Don't miss the chance to spread the word about being close to the Duchess!'

When the huge eyes were shot, the Empress smiled and paused for a moment. And she said as if she had remembered something.

“Not bad. The painter had a very good personality. It will definitely help Raphine's education as well. At this point, how about having Raphine come with me whenever the court painter visits my palace?”

“But I dare not disturb Her Majesty…”

“It’s not disturbing. By the way, I was also in the dark, but if Raphine came to visit me, then it would be good for me. Don't you even know... How miserable my imperial life is.”

“…….”

At that, Sophia paused and pondered.

Raphine cheered inwardly. She is appealing to the empress for her approval, and her mother can not turn away.

Her mother is adamant, but she has a warm heart than anyone else.

But hesitating now is probably because they have to remain politically neutral.

'What is neutrality? Unconditionally, the Crown Prince has to give up his stock!'

The 2nd Prince is ruining the country, but Zerkan can become a normal emperor without those incidents.

Raphine shouted inwardly and shot her earnest eyes at her mother.

Sophia smiled and nodded her head as if she couldn't help it.

“Then, please stop worrying and ask Your Majesty.”

“Thank you.”

"Wow! Mom is the best!”

Raphine cried out and put herself in her mother's arms.

Sophia gently hugged Raphine, and the Empress looked at the loving mother and daughter with envy for a moment.

* * *

After a while.

Through the window, the Empress looked at the Duchess and Raphine as they got into the carriage.

A smile bloomed on her lips as she saw the friendly mother and daughter that made her feel better just by looking at them.

“Are the daughters really that friendly?”

At the empress's murmuring, Lady Helen, the handmaiden who was standing nearby, smiled.

“There are a lot of daughters that are that friendly.”

“… Yes, it will.”

The empress's expression turned bitter. Mrs. Helen said sadly.

“It’s presumptuous, but I don’t think you need to be that far-fetched. To your Majesty the Empress and to the Crown Prince. Isn't he still young?”