Chapter 036

"Is life that bad?"

When the sharp Violet asked so, Sir Rendell began to laugh.

"Yes. After all, coffee is much better than alcohol. If you talk while drinking alcohol, you will quickly get drunk and become unconscious. On the other hand, coffee actually clears the mind. So for male nobles who like to talk, there is no heaven like this."

"Do you like too, Sir Rendell?"

"I've been here with the Knights from time to time..... I don't like mild caffeine. Of course, I often enjoy it. It's the taste of life."

'Actually, it tastes like elementary schooling.'

Raphine knew very well that, contrary to what Sir Rendell bluffed, it was actually a childish taste.

It was because a few days ago, she had seen them eaten chocolate with Luca and Lois.

Sir Rendell's face as he ate the chocolate was still vivid. That enchanted expression.

Before long, the waiter served coffee in a white cup. Hot steam was rising from the coffee.

“Can I give it a try?”

Violet asked, and Sir Rendell frowned.

"It's going to be a huge use. And I've heard that coffee is bad for women and children."

"Nevertheless! Just, just once! Just one sip!"

As Violet continued speaking, Sir Rendell nodded as if he couldn't help it. Instead, he added the expensive sugar he ordered together and stirred it up.

Violet drank a small amount of coffee with a small spoon and frowned.

"Ugh! Why the hell are you drinking this? It's like poison!"

"Hahaha! Didn't I tell you! It's the taste of life. You're still a child, so it's only natural that you don't know this taste!"

It's no wonder you don't know this taste!

"Ugh... I really don't understand."

Raphine was on time.

While Violet was distressed and Sir Rendell grabbed his stomach and smiled.

Raphine reached out her finger with a lightning-like movement, slipped it into the cup of coffee, and then took it to her mouth.

「Baby, it’s hard to eat with your fingers.」

'I can't help it.'

「You can do that, my Master. Because it's cute. Ha...」

Raphine closed her eyes and savored the coffee.

Then she tilted her head and secretly cocked once more! She had put her finger on the coffee cup.

「How does it taste, baby?」

Yes. No taste.

Raphine closed her eyes tightly and bit her tongue, just like Violet had made a while ago.

I lost my appetite...

She tried it one more time to feel the taste of the beans in detail..... It really was the worst.

'How did they roast the coffee?'

Raphine shook her head and shivered.

Sir Rendell said coffee was originally a bitter and tasteless taste of life, but this is not the case.

A really delicious coffee has a very savory yet sweet taste. There was also coffee that deepened the flavor with a sour taste. If the bitterness is just right, it makes the mouth fresh.