Chapter 032

"Raphine, this is a present for you."

The Empress beckoned to Raphine as if to open it herself.

Raphine glanced away and looked at her mother.

Sophia still had a firm expression on her face. The Empress herself apologized, but she was not completely relieved.

'I understand my mother's feelings, but...'

She had to maintain a good relationship with the Empress.

'And it's not really the Empress's fault.'

Let me lighten up the atmosphere a bit.

Sophia nodded as if it was okay to open it, and Raphine opened the box with a look of anticipation.

"Wow!"

And as soon as the box was opened, she cheered with a slightly exaggerated loud noise.

However, there were surprising things in the box, enough to exaggerate.

It was a pretty pink diamond necklace.

It was a neat necklace with only one jewel, so it was a design that Raphine could wear right away.

“Your Majesty, this is..."

Sophia frowned and said. She seemed to know what this necklace was.

The Empress smiled slightly and nodded her head.

"That's right. It's the necklace that the former Empress gave me."

No... Wait. Former Empress?

Then maybe this...

'The kind of necklace you pass on to your daughter-in-law..?'

After Raphine paused for a moment, the Empress took out her necklace and beckoned to Raphine.

Raphine took a step in front of her, and the Empress put a necklace around Raphine's neck with her own hands.

"But Your Majesty..."

As Sophia murmured anxiously, the Empress tried to reassure her.

"It doesn't mean much. I wonder if there are one or two jewels that the former Empress has passed on to me. It's not meant to be given like that."

"...."

"Don't worry, I'm just giving this pink diamond because it goes so well with Raphine."

Raphine bowed her head and looked down at a diamond the size of an adult's thumb.

"It's really pretty."'

And the queen gave it to her?

The Empress explained it well not to misunderstand, but in fact, the more that intention was, the better it was for Rapine.

"It looks great on you, Raphie."

"Thank you. Her Majesty, you're so beautiful!"

When Rapine laughed and liked it, Sofia also smiled as if she could not help it.

After that, the Empress talked about this and that with her mother. Most of it was the Empress's talk about Lorelian family.

Raphine listened intently as she ate dessert like a child who knew nothing.

Because there may be important stories that she did not know.

Then the Empress paused for a moment. She was about to tell an important story, but she seemed to care about Raphine.

"Raphine must be bored. Instead of doing this, how about calling Zerkan and having them play together?"

"Your Majesty the Crown Prince must be very busy, but you can't just waste your time with that."