Episode 062

One day, four years later, 11 years have passed since they left

Raphine, who has reached the age of 19 in the spring, was finally greeted with good news.

The newsletter in her hand had a large inscription written on it.

Apocalypse Rift, Destroyed!

Raphine quickly rolled her eyes and began to read. It was written that it was Crown Prince Zerkan who directly destroyed the Rift of the End.

'It was also successful.'

They didn't know how worried she was because the time to return was later than the original.

For the past few months, she has had nightmares every day.

'Now I feel safe.'

Tears welled up and Raphine pressed her eyes tight.

At the end of the article, it was stated that their return would be around winter.

It looked like the war had to end.

'I'll have to monitor the cracks again to see if they're open.'

Raphine exhaled a sigh of relief and turned to the article text below.

Prince Antonio, who defeated the barbarians, returns to the capital.

It was well known that a few years ago, Prince Antonio had left for the outskirts of the Empire.

Just by looking at it, the intention was clear.

'It must have been that Viscount Tedler wore his head because his stomach hurts because Zerkan is winning.'

Yes, it was nothing compared to the achievements left by Zerkan, but it was different from the point of view of the capital aristocrats.

To the nobles of the capital, the existence of a 'beast' was almost like an imaginary animal.

Having spent the past 11 years peacefully without any damage, it feels like something out of a play or a storybook.

'They don't know how many sacrifices lie beneath the peace they enjoy...'

On the other hand, the barbarian forces outside the empire were not very foreign to them.

First of all, unlike beasts, they were the same human beings, and how mean they were in history was well described.

A barbarian who wants to invade an empire that is confused by the war with the beasts.

'The nobles felt great anger and shame at those barbarians.'

Everywhere she went, she heard swear words against the barbarians, so she knew it very well.

Maybe that's why, it feels like Antonio, who defeated the barbarians, fed the nobles with refreshing cider.