Episode 042

One sunny day.

Raphine looked out the window with a tired expression.

'They always played in the library. I don't understand.'

Raphine turned 8 this year.

And she followed Adrian, Zerkan, and Violet, who are now 12 years old.

The three were having a very passionate discussion.

Raphine seemed bored and poked the cake with a fork.

“The frontier is in a serious drought now. This is an issue that needs to be taken seriously. If there is a drought across the continent, how do you deal with it?”

"But... That's an assumption that hasn't happened yet. First of all, it’s important to solve the problem on the change side.”

“But you never know when it might happen, right? It is also important to plan ahead.”

"Violet’s words make sense.”

“First of all, in Imperial Palace, we need to systematically prepare an integrated countermeasure against drought. Each territory has different procedures and budgets, right? Did you say that the response method was poor in the first place?”

“It is a neighborhood that has never experienced a drought, so it must have been a neglected area.”

A passionate discussion of three people who are far smarter than their peers....

To Raphine, it sounded like a lullaby.

“Huh.”

Raphine yawned droopy, and her eyes met Zerkan, who was sitting next to her.

Then Raphine smiled brightly as if she had ever yawned. She openly showed off her necklace and didn't forget to emphasize it.

Zerkan patted her hair as if she were cute.

「Baby, you’re good now. You have become a pro.」

'Hmmmm. Now, the magic of chaos is no less than a manrep.'

Over the past two years, Raphine has become very close to Zerkan.

Unlike Adrian and Violet, she doesn't get to see him often, so every time they meet, she try very hard to get closer.

Zerkan also seemed to be very familiar and comfortable with Raphine.

However, he still frowned when Raphine proposed.

Besides, from a certain moment, instead of laughing awkwardly, he began to pour out a lot of nagging… Adrian and Violet, who were next to her, were enough to stop her.

'But I can't stop brainwashing my proposal to Zerkan.'

Just next year, the three will leave the capital.

'Then we aren't going to see each other for almost 10 years.'

The three were scheduled to graduate from the academy and never return.

By the time they were in their senior year at the academy, a war with the beast was going on.

One day several years from now.

A dimensional gap suddenly breaks in the territory near the academy, and mysterious beasts pour out of the gap.

That was 'the fissure of the end.'

However, contrary to the name, it does not bring about the real apocalypse.

'The war against the beast takes a long time, but it ended in a successful victory without much sacrifice...'