Episode 063

“That’s it.”

As soon as their father's proposal arrived, their mother, who was engaged, was also terrified.

Seeing Mom and Dad trembling in anger as if they hadn't cried, Raphine quietly cut the meat.

Social aristocrats usually become engaged when they reach the age of majority.

Of course, there are cases where the marriage is decided in advance by family promises, but most recently, the trend has been to wait until the coming-of-age ceremony.

At the coming-of-age ceremony, young male aristocrats send a proposal to the person they like, and the female aristocrat who receives the proposal chooses from among them and becomes engaged to the man they like.

Conversely, there are cases where the woman sends the proposal first.

'Two years ago, Luca and Lois did.'

She still remember how the butler complained of pain over the pouring proposals.

Of course, the two have very high eyes, so they haven't decided on a fiance yet...

Then, Luca said playfully.

“How are you, Raphine? Do you have a man you like?”

After that, Mom and Dad turned on the lights and looked at Raffine.

Raphine swallowed the meat in her mouth and said.

"I… Well, not really."

“How about Clyde?”

"Who?"

When Raphine blinked and asked, Luca glanced at Mom and Dad and spoke again.

“It’s Clyde. Clyde Bastien.”

Wait, if it's Clyde Bastien...

“Are you guys friends?”

“Yeah, right. He often come to the house to play.”

Among the friends of Luka and Lois who often visited when they were young, she remembered a boy who looked quite handsome.

Raphine shrugged.

“Are you telling me to send a proposal to that person first?”

“It’s not… He said that he would send you a proposal right after your coming-of-age ceremony.”

"What?"

Did he like her?

That time when Raphine blinked tremblingly.

There was a loud thump, the sound of forks and knives being put down.

She looked around and saw Mom and Dad.

They both looked very uncomfortable.

Their mother scolded them with a harsh voice.

“Luca, Lois. Do you guys think you want your one and only sister to get married as soon as possible?”

“I can’t!”

In response to Luka and Lois's reply, the Duke of Aston once again shouted with a bang, lightly hitting the table.

“Then why do you keep talking nonsense? Did he tell you to scoop Raffine? He's such a mean bastard! He can't speak proudly with his own mouth. Can't he make you guys up?"

“It’s not…”

Luca and Lois hesitated.

Then Lois spoke up.