Episode 049

* * *

Zerkan took Raphine to the Empress Palace.

The Empress was startled to see the two soaked in the rain and ordered the maids to bring towels.

Sophia gently wiped Raphine's water, and Zerkan looked at her with a smirk.

It was when the maids who approached were about to wipe Zerkan's wet hair with a towel.

“Come here, Zerkan.”

The Empress spoke to Zerkan and reached out to the maid. The maid immediately handed his towel to the empress.

Zerkan approached awkwardly and stared blankly at the Empress who was wiping his wet hair.

The Empress frowned and said.

“How the hell did this happen… I told you not to lose your dignity under any circumstances.”

Raphine, who listened quietly, thought to herself.

'Ugh. Start nagging again.'

Raphine said.

"Mom. I got lost, and Older Brother Zerkan came to find me. So it rained.”

After muttering loudly as if speaking to her mother, the Empress shut her mouth tightly and concentrated on wiping off Zerkan's water.

After a while.

The two children wrapped themselves in blankets and squatted in front of the fireplace.

“Stay like this until the maid brings you a change of clothes.”

Because the Empress gave orders to the two children.

Raphine glanced at the Empress and Mother who were talking from the other side and thought.

'I've got to get things done a little faster.'

Then she turned her head and looked at Zerkan next to her.

Zerkan, who blinked slowly while basking in the fire, looked just like a cute cat.

In fact, Raphine had thought of Zerkan as a time bomb.

But Zerkan was not a time bomb.

There were only 'adults' who made Zerkan like that.

* * *

A few days later.

Raphine came to the Imperial Palace while waving her sketchbook.

And while her mother and the empress were having a conversation, she said she was going to meet Zerkan and left.

“I want to go down that road today.”

“The road to the West Palace is over there, miss.”

“But I want to go over there. Let's go for a walk, okay?"

When Raphine asked, the maid nodded her head as if she couldn't help it.

The two took a walk in the corridor and admired the beautiful scenery of the garden.

Raphine apologized to herself.

'Pretty maid, I'm sorry.'

'Orphana, now!'

A stream of water came from a small fountain right next to it! and started jumping.

“Damn!”

When the water suddenly rose right in front of her, the maid took a step back and shouted.