Episode 065

A slum near the counties to the east and west of the capital.

Whenever Queen Rebecca and Saint Celestina passed by, the poor fell to their knees, crying as if they had been blessed by God.

“May God’s grace be with you.”

The beautiful-looking Queen Rebecca was wearing a white monastic robe, and her modest attire further accentuated her splendid appearance.

However, the benevolent Queen Rebecca's expression changed as soon as she returned to the temporary abode of the temple.

She nervously washed her hands and changed her clothes.

“Dirty, dirty!”

Everything she had touched with the poor felt filthy.

Standing in front of the mirror, Rebecca looked at her face with sensitive eyes and caressed her cheek and neck.

More than 10 years have passed, but her beauty is still there. No, it was more beautiful than before.

After being expelled from the monastery, she spent the past years in tears of blood.

The emperor, his father, and even Antonio, who had made such a decision, were resentful.

When she first arrived at the monastery, she thought her life was over.

However, she was lucky enough to meet a priest, and hope was rekindled in her life.

He was like Rebecca's benefactor.

'Thanks to you, I was able to get that medicine again...'

In fact, a long time ago, Empress Rebecca was able to capture the emperor with a potion obtained by chance.

However, as time passed, the potion's effectiveness faded, and the emperor's affection for her also faded.

It wasn't real love, but an artificial love made with magic potions.

However, Rebecca was able to obtain the drug again through the benefactor-like priest.

Although it is still in the hands of Saint Celestina, not her own...

'That fake saint is more cunning than I thought. She seems cheeky...'

Rebecca thought of the saint with an annoyed expression on her face, then shook her head.

In any case, when she arrived in the capital, the drug was sure to be in her hands.

'In order to obtain the drug, I have to help the fake saint settle down in the capital as the temple demands, but... That's right, it's not that hard.'

It would be a breeze to tie it up with the prince who would return after ending the war with the beast.

'This time, I have to capture the emperor again and seize power.'

And finally...

Rebecca clenched her fists so hard that her nails dig into her skin.

'Viscount Tedler, I will kill you.'

* * *

“What was the queen doing?”

“After a while, she looks in the mirror and seems to be controlling her mind.”

At the priest's report, Saint Celestina twisted the corners of her lips.

The saint with mysterious silver hair and black eyes was very neat and beautiful.

She walked to the window and looked at the full moon that lit up the night.

As ordered by her superiors, she had to settle down in the capital, overthrow the current crown prince, and make the second prince of Queen Rebecca the successor.