Episode 044

It was difficult to imagine what kind of state Zerkan's heart would be in now.

Perhaps he's living each day with a high level of anxiety.

'Besides, that filthy emperor is extremely cold to Zerkan.'

The emperor was tall. He said he had to grow strong, and he always had to quit Zerkan. Just like the previous emperor did to him.

'Zerkan's glass mentality... I must keep it.'

In fact, in this novel, Zerkan was nothing more than a time bomb.

After making the time bomb undetonated, Raphine was thinking of passing it on to someone else.

'Even if it's a bomb that doesn't explode, I don't need to embrace it, right?'

Anyway, the important thing is to mediate between the emperor and the empress.

To do that…

'Now I have to go in and out of Imperial Palace.'

Since she had already thought of a specific method, it was important to open the door.

Raphine immediately opened the door and went out to find her mother.

Her mother was doing library repairs and was looking around with the servants. As soon as Raphine found her mother, she ran and said:

“Mom, I want to go to that imperial castle!”

“Is it because you want to see the Crown Prince? But Raffine, Your Majesty the Crown Prince is very busy. If you disturb him....”

“No, I want to see Her Majesty the Empress!”

“Her Majesty?”

“Yes, I made a promise to the Empress last time. I will come to play again.”

“Raphine, that’s….”

Not long ago, when she visited the Empress, she said so. “See you again, Raphine.”

Sophia, who was about to say that it was a polite act, nodded her head.

The empress's checks on the empress were getting more serious day by day.

So Sophia was reducing her visit to the Imperial Palace as much as possible. It was because of the last duke's will to remain politically neutral.

However, unable to do anything about the child's pure heart, Sophia sent a letter to the Empress asking for a visit.

* * *

After a while.

'Because the Imperial Palace is splendid whenever it comes.'

Raphine thought as she looked out the carriage window and looked at the garden full of flowering trees.

The carriage stopped in front of the Empress Palace, and Raphine took her mother's hand and got off the carriage.

'I'm a lot taller now.'

Gone are the days of six, when she was much smaller than her peers and looked only four years old.

Although she was still smaller than her peers, she was still a proud 8-year-old who had grown to a similar level.

'Of course it's a little embarrassing to be carrying a bag...'

There was a pretty cloth bag on Raphine's back. It was a precious bag made by her maid, Sylane, embroidered with her own hands.

And in that bag...

「Baby, don’t run around too much. It shakes.」

'Okay...'