7. Raat Akeli Hai

With a corset doriii stuck in his wrist- watch and Anupamaa standing just a foot or two away from him all romantically vulnerable, with her back partially exposed and her hands grabbing her saree pallu and squirming it with all might.... Mr. Dumbo actually had the audacity to think of all the negative possibilities his decent micro- mind can possibly process at that moment...

*Ek minute me saara romance nikal gaya dimaag se and now he didn't know kya kare atki hui dori ka*

Sometimes he wonders why does even her normal gestures, unexpressive of any anger, sadness or fear, intimidate him so much.. Why is he so concerned that his actions might hurt her even when he knew they won't...? Maybe he is fearful that she would leave... if he'll hurt her there might not be any repentance for his deed and many reasons crossed his mind ... maybe because he is too sensitive and over- careful when he is with ANUPAMAA... HER-WOMAN and also it hadn't been long since she confessed her love... just a few moments ago...

From a distance that he considered safe, he called ANUPAMAA... This time not romantically but more as of checking on her if she is awake or not... Anupamaa not expecting this tone... infact not expecting any tone... opened her eyes but didn't know how to turn back...

*Sharm-o-haya prevented her from turning back*

Unwilling to speak up... she replied with a brief HMMM... Waiting to hear what her BHOLURAM had to say at this crucial action time...

-Kya hua Anupamaa...?? Tum iss tarah se... vo...bhaagi... I'm... SOR.. Sorry...

BHOLURAM KAHIN KE... YE KYA KUCH BHI SOCHTE REHTE HAIN... ACHHE KHAASE PYAAR PAR APNA SURI PHER DIYA, BOLO... she rolled her eyes in frustration, wanting to tell him she wants more of his love and him but KESE BOLUN... YE KYA BACHHE HAIN KYA... SAMJH NAHI AATA INKO... BAS MUKU KI BHABHI BULWA LO... LEKIN JAB MUKU KI BHABHI 'BANAANE' KA TAME AAYE TO SURII... BAS SURII...

-Anu...??

-(forcing a reply as she was in no mood to have a chit- chat with him right then) Haan...

He came closer to Anupamaa freed that doriii from his watch and while slowly knotting it again said...

-Tum theek to ho na...?? Kya hua?? Tum iss tarah mujhe dhakka de ke bhaag ke kyun... Tumhe acha nahi laga kya...?? Or if you didn't feel it right ya kuch bhi ho jo tumhe accha na laga ho to tum bata sakti ho mujhe... tumhe jitna time chahiye tum le sakti ho... you are free in this... Nothing is forced upon you... Kuch thopna nahi chaahta hoon tum par aur na hi kabhi aise sochunga... Tumhari haan maayne rakhti haiii...

While he was busy in knotting the string she turned back and looked at him tumultuously, he was still holding one end of that string and she was frustrated ki koi itna bholuram kaise ho sakta hai ki aise pal me bhi gyaan de... Arey itna gyaan to me bhi nai deti jitna ye de re hain bolo... vo bhi aese tame par... lgta hai hum dono ek doosre ke liye bane hain... she was nervous ki inhe bolun to bolun kaise... she was furious ki ye kya bachhon ki tarah har baat pe surii... she was excited for how her experience with him would be... but she was in no mood to calm his overthinker mind at work... she didn't wanna engage with him in some philosophical conversation about romance, love, consent and all but in actual practical work vro...!!

She retorted back rather quickly all flustered.

– Aap mujhpar kuch thop nahi rahe hain... suna aapne...?? Koi jabardasti naii haii mujhe pata hai... Aur agar meri naa hoti to mei itni der ke baad aese... bas aese bhaagg jaati vo bhi aese chaar kadam door...?? Mujhe koi time nahi chahiye hai... Mene kab maanga aapse time aur ye saara gyaan kya aapne is ek pal ke liye bcha kar rakha tha... jab dekho bas kahin bhi shuru ho jaayenge... Aap kya bachhe hain kya samjh me nahi aata ki mujhe bura nahi balki aapke saath achha lag raha tha aur aap hain ki samjhte hi nahi...tok diya na beech me... das baar bol chuki hoon ki aapki koi bhi baat mujhe buri lagti hi nahii haiii par nahii meri baat sunte kahan hein aap... Arey pyaar kiya hai to thodi to himmat rakhiye ne... Jab dekho bas bacchon ki tarah surii bol denge... aur ye (holding his hands that re- tied the knot) ye..... ye dobaara kyun bandh re hain... abhi phir kholna padega na... aapko kya do-do baar mehnat krna achha lagta haiii... nahi lagta hai to ky... (paused abruptly)