62. Laissez Faìrê

- Hello... Shaalini... Ji...

- Anuj ji... Aap iss time... yahan...

- File bhool gaya tha. Aapki vo bhaanji ko admission lena tha dance classes me...

- Bhaanji? Meri? Mera to bas ek bhaanja hai... Vo bhi do saal ka.

He took a deep breath.

- Ohh sorry... I must have mixed it up... Anupamaa ne kisi aur ke baare me bataaya hoga aur mujhe laga aap.

- Nahi nahiii... Vaise Kahan hai vo? Aaj hum saath me ye samaan lene jaane waale the... Call kiya to boli busy hoon...

- Yeah... She is quite... Busyy.

- Koi baat nahi... Chaliye main chalti hoon. Jai shree krishna...

- Jai Shree krishna.

◽◾◽◾◽◾

'Uss din Anuj me mana kiya tha Shah house jaane se... Main phir bhi unko bina bataaye Mandir ka bol ke vahan se... chali gayi thi engagement ke pehle... Anuj to uss aadmi ki shakal bhi ni dekhna chahte hain... Mishter Shah kah re hain ki unhone nahi kiya par agar vo phir se jhooth bol rahe hue to... Aur... Aur... Kahin... agar Anuj ko pata chala ki... Maine... Itna sab hone ke baad bhi aaj... Khud... Unko saamne se apne ghar me bulaaya tha to... To...'

Anupamaa let her own dumbness laden her mind of guilt of lying to him and curtailed her from doing anything the whole day.

She spent her day thinking about it. She spread out those chits on bed and her mind was giving her something which she couldn't bring back very clearly.

She picked her phone up to call Anuj but couldn't.

◽◾◽◾◽◾

Back in office, he was unable to focus on work. Everytime his phone beeped, he hurried to pick it up expecting it to be her, telling him about Vanraj's visit to her and apologize for lying. And when it was around 4 pm he started getting irritated as she didn't even bother texting him the entire day.

- Shree??

- Yes Sir.

- Postpone rest of the meetings for tomorrow. I am leaving .

- Sir, it's Sunday tomorrow.

- Then defer it to Monday dammit!!! Do I need to spoon feed you!!??

She startled at his tone change.

- So...so...sorryy sorry sir. I'll do.

He rubbed his temples.

- I'm sorry. I wasn't quite in the zone.

- It's okay sir. No problem.

- No still... I am sorry... I lost it at you... I am leaving. Tell Devika and Malvika about it.

- Sure sir.

◽◾◽◾◽◾

Anuj entered his flat. Changed into something comfy, put his phone on silent mode and turned on his laptop to watch some web series to get his mind off it.

Anupamaa slept at around 2 in afternoon trying to dodge every other feeling. She felt guilty for lying but convinced herself that it's for the sake of peace and quiet only. She was unwilling to bother him for every trivial matter.

Hours passed. He wanted to check up on her but didn't feel like. He wanted her to come to him and confess unwilling to sound like a shakki person doubting his would-be as he knew he wasn't.

She slept for six hours straight and when she woke up she felt extra lousy. She checked her phone and her eyes widened at the time.

- Itni der ho gayii!! Aaj tak kabhi dopahar me itna nahi soyi main... Aaj pata nahi... Kaise. Anuj... Abhi tak aaye nhi kya... Itna tem ho gaya hai...