95. Another Steamy Night

Anupamaa woke up early and let Anuj sleep peacefully. She didn't wanna leave his embrace but then decided against it. There was still time and she could let him sleep for half an hour more. She got up cleaned the room, dressed up herself, kissed his forehead, braided well her hair and went downstairs all wiling to prepare breakfast for all by herself. She loved to sit comfortably and eat - breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner all of it - but what she was habitual of was - to cook for them all. Having being called out all the time for doing nothing for her family, this had been her way of doing something for them since years somehow trying to get some place in their hearts or discussion via the delicacies she cooked for them but it had all gone unappreciated. She had put her entire life into cooking and serving them to no gain whatsoever. She took out a pan and prepared sheera and lit the burner again as the dough was prepared as she chatted with Jhilmil and Gautam and the three had a good time.

~

Anuj woke up soon after and groped for her. But she wasn't there. He woke up wondering what time it is. He rubbed his eyes and not having her by him was not making him feel good.

- Did she not come to me the entire night? Where did she sleep? In whose room was she? Why didn't she come and hug me to sleep? Did she forget that I was waiting for her? But I told her that I was... I told her so many times... How could she forget me and not sleep by me!!

He nevertheless got up and readied himself for the office.

Down at the breakfast table he didn't see Anupamaa and frowned. He walked into the kitchen and she was busy making theplas as Jhilmil served them.

As Jhilmil walked out with a plate of thepla in her one hand and the tray holding sheera bowls in the other, he stood by Anupamaa and poured into a glass some juice from the pitcher. She smiled.

- Arey aap uth ke taiyaar bhi ho gaye... Main bas aane hi waali thi aapko uthaane...

- Huh!

He gulped the juice down.

- Aapke phavrit theple...

- Mujhe nahi khaana tumhara thepla.

And he walked out. She got busy in watching him go.

- OOHHH MAADI REY!!! BHAABHII THEPLA JALA DIYA...

- Ohhh... Ohhh sorry..... Vo...
He tossed it aside.
- Jhilmil tu jara banaayegi ise main aati hoon...

~

Anupamaa entered her room and he sat there reading the newspaper.

- Anuj....

He turned aside his face.

- Arey...

She walked to stand in front of him.

He looked away again.

- Areyy!!
She sat by him and he folded the paper and sat on the bed.

- Anuuujj... Kya hua...

- Jaaooo tum thepla banao...

- Ban gaye theple... Aur chaliye na... Aap bhi khaa lijiye...

She held his wrist and pulled at it.

- Mujhe nahi khaane tumhare theple.

- Arey mere theple mat khaaiye methi ke to khaa lijiye... Uthiye na Anuj aise kya karte hain...

- Chhoroo...

- Nahi! Bataaiye na kya hua aapko!!??

- Tum kahan thi raat bhar? Aayi kyun nahi kamre par? Kiske pass soyi thi...