59. Anupamaa is Excited

There was a knock on the door. Anupamaa had already freshened up herself, taken a warm bath, prayed for a happy no worry life, prepared breakfast and was ready to leave for office in an hour or two. It was 10:00 but it didn't feel like it. It felt like she had been awake the entire night though she took her full sleep and woke up at 8 only.

She had pondered over wearing Anuj's gift. He doesn't expect a lot from her but when he does she thought she could do that much for him. And above all, this wasn't something she wasn't comfortable in, just that having wore saaree more than half her life she had become habituated to it.

She took the dupatta and placed it normally around her neck. Had already looked at herself for like a dozen times to check if she is looking fine, if it's suiting her. Her hair were still wet of water and she had basked in the sun for sometime trying to pat 'em dry. It did too almost. She was packing tiffins and the another knock made her rush to the door.

- Anupamaa...??

She stood at the other end of the closed door waiting for him to see her in his gift. She slowly unbolted the door and opened it. She didn't look up at him, stepped back to make room and corrected her already perfect dupatta to ensure it gets even more perfect if possible.

He gawked and the newspaper in his hand couldn't stay at rest any longer when he lost his grip and it finally fell on ground. She smiled and his jaw dropped open.

- H.. h... hi...

- Aaiye.

- Haan? Haan... haan...

He walked in and she picked up the newspaper and bolted the door.

- Maine... Tiffin pack kar diye hai... Mukku ka phone aaya tha ki usko aur Devika ko... Aloo ke paranthe khaane hein to voi banaye hain.

She said trying to normalise the atmosphere and placed the lid on the last tiffin.

- Naashta laga doon?

- H... Ha...ha... Vo... Haan Haan... Laga... Laga do.

He sat on the sofa looking at her when she gave him his breakfast plate and sat aside on the single sofa with hers. He hadn't started eating yet and she had already finished her parantha.

- Anooojj... Khaaiye ne...

- Han. Anupamaa?

- Hmm...

- Thank You.

She looked up at him and he gulped and started eating as if he could get his share of scolding if he didn't start chewing on his food soon.

- Yo-ur... Whel-come. Ho gaya?

- Haan.

- Haath dho ke aaiye.

He washed his hands and stood in the kitchen by the sink and saw her washing both the dishes. As her hair touched the cemented sink holder, he just hopped in with his words.

- Ek... ek... minute...
He took her hair and shifted them all on her back realising how different wet hair were textured.

- Then... Thenk yu...

- Tum... Bahut sundar lag rahi ho.

He said as she was wiping her hands in a cotton towel.

- Sach?
She blushed.

- Haan....ekdum college me jaisi lagti thi...

- Ye... Thoda... Jaada ni ho gaya... Matlb mein... College me...

- I don't care... Mujhe to bilkul... vaisi hi lag ri ho... You are looking bahut beautiful... Bahut jaada... Itna ki...

- Ki?