51. Here's to our Engagement!🥂

Anupama was standing in front of him all blushing. She realised he's there and could call her any moment but... Dare she turn and look at her apple pie. She wanted to but couldn't and he... Stared at her beauty through the mirror, that showed him her entire self. He walked over to stand exactly behind her. His gaze shifted a bit lower to check out her back through the backless blouse and back to noticing the gajra adorned in the ever beautifully made bun held together by clips and pins.

 His gaze shifted a bit lower to check out her back through the backless blouse and back to noticing the gajra adorned in the ever beautifully made bun held together by clips and pins

He waited for her to turn but she didn't.

- Anupamaa...

He called her out to no audible response. He held her by her elbow and turned her around, tipped her chin up and when her gaze fixated on him... It was there for quite a long time. He looked at her and nervousness had him instantly. She looked at him all adorably. Her eyes bespoke love silently. From toe to top she scanned him. He felt so important and cherished. He smiled as if he had suddenly turned a lot smarter and dashing than he already was when she looked at him admiringly.

Blue kurta contrasted with her pink saaree and the shine of his neck garment complemented her jewels. All authoritatively she looked at him... YES HE IS MINE... THIS HANDSOME AMAZING MAN... WITH ALL HIS HANDSOME-NESS AND HIS TRANSCENDENTAL RECTITUDE... HE BELONGS TO ME... Last two blocks of an unsolved puzzle that are destined to blend together to set the frame right... They were those two separate blocks coming together of whom solved the most beautiful fairytale puzzle.

Yeah!!! Devika was right, she didn't actually need the artificial blush.

For Anuj... This could be a moment... No less worthy than his entire life... Isn't it how he wished his life to be concluded before this tale ends with AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER... Ah... He waited for Long, hefty and not-so-hunky-dory 26 years for her... without her. Her skin was glowing of his radiance and her smile behoved the smile of her would-be-fiance's image in his mind. Ahhh!!! Life is so unpredictable... He never thought... After her marriage, three children and such a monstrous time gap leaving them somewhere in their 40s... He could still stand a chance to lay his love on her.

- Aap...

- Tum...

They said almost together.

- Aap bhot acche lag rahe hain...

He didn't think if his words could do justice to her.

He went over to her dressing table, opened the make-up kit, took out kaajal ki dibiya from there. He didn't know why, of all the moments NOW, he was getting almost frozen looking at her like this... Dressed well all for him to celebrate the engagement with HIM.

Twisted the lid, dipped his ring finger in it and did his part of securing her from all the evil-eyes that she might meet today by applying a teeny-tiny kaajal spot behind her right ear. Words still seem reluctant to come out.

Ah!! Yess... He needed to be protected tooo... How handsome he was looking... She doubted if she could afford all the hot eyes that are to be laid on him tonight. After all there are gotta be so many people out there who he'd invited. She took it back from his hands and placed it on the table.