65. Anuj Confronts Anupamaa

Anuj reached his office. Devika had tried hard to convince him into not letting himself loose on her. He was trying hard to be obsequious to her words.

◽◾◽◾◽◾

Anupamaa stayed with Samar in Dance academy taking her classes till 7 and reached home. Her mind was worried both for the chits and for Anuj's condition. She doesn't know how to balance between the two.

◽◾◽◾◽◾

Anuj drove home and stood at the entrance of the building completely clueless if he should step in for the state of mind he was in but he did. He stood in the corridor between the two flats. Turned to his right and knocked on hers.

- Anuujjj...
She greeted him with a warm smile as if emotionally excited to see him come to her.

He walked in. She rushed to take a glass of water to offer him. He took a sip.

- Main bas... Khaa... Khaana bana rahi thi... Aapki pasand ka...

- Thankx.
He gave a fake smile.

- Aap ek minute baithiye mein bas aayi.

He sat there while she wrapped up the kitchen work before dinner willing to spend her maximum time with him.

She came back soon and found him standing near the landline placed on the table outside her bedroom. He looked into the phone diary. There were so many numbers in her handwriting including Vanraj's. He placed it back.

- Anujjj...
She hugged him tight.
- Aap... Aap theek hei na... Pata hai main kitna darr gayi thi aapko aisi haalat me dekh ke...

- Kitna sochti ho na mere baare me.

He patted her head while his mind lingered somewhere else.

- Haan to !!!
She readjusted her grip on his back.

He pulled her out of the hug by her shoulders. She looked at him and upon meeting his unblinking gaze, her smile vanished. He started walking towards her she didn't know what was it supposed to mean. She stepped backwards.

- Anuj... Kya hua...?

He kept on walking till they both entered the bedroom. He bolted the door and turned to her. She was still not able to interpret the whole scenario. His eyes look dreary.

- Aapki tabiyat sahi nahi hai kya??

- ....

- Aap theek hei na Anuj?? Do din se aap...

He walked over to the window and shut it tight drawing curtains over it and got back to her.

- Do din se aap kuch jaada hi paresaan hei... Aapko kya...

He caught tight her upper arms.

- Why!!

- Aah... Haan!!??

He rolled his eyes and looked at her again.

- Aaaahh.... Anuj kya kar re hein mujhe lag rahi hai...
She looked into his eyes and then the room all trapping them inside itself.
- Aah... Aap... Aap kya... Kya kar rahe hei...

He left her with a strong jerk and she took a few steps back to keep herself from tripping over.

- Kya ho kya gaya hai aapko !! Kitna miss kar rahi thi main aapko do dino se aur aap hai ki aise...

- Sach bol rahi ho?

- Haan??

- Nahi aaj kal actually mujhe pata nahi chalta hai... Samjh ni paa ra tumhe main ki tum kab jhooth bolti ho aur kab sach...