49. The Much Awaited Arrival

Anuj left for his work leaving her a text message assuming she might be sleeping till late after last night and she actually woke up late running straight into the kitchen to make herself a good day's morning tea. Having freshened up herself she moved to collect the newspaper when the doorbell rang.

She opened to find no one.

- Ye bacche bhi ne... Bell Baja ke bhaagne me pata ni kya maza aata inko. Aur aaj newjpaper bhi ni aaya. Bagal me poochti hoon unke vahan aaya kya...

She knocked the house third to the left of her own only to know that they recieved it. She came back and latched the door.

While she was busy looking into her phone, she felt a pair of hands crawling on her waist locking over her belly.

- Anuj aap jaane waale the na baahar... Aaj bhi ni gye... yahi rahenge kya din raat... Kaam par jaaiyeeeeee...

NO REPLY.

She held the hand to free herself... it felt different and she shrieked.

- Tumhe chhor ke kaam par kaise jaaungaaaa Anu ????

- DEVIKKAAA!!!

- Haan to aur kaun!!?? Anujjj!!??

- Vo... Mujhe laga... Vo...

Anupamaa hugged her.

- Tum achaanak yahan...

- Tu hai na dur reh mujhse Anu.

She said brushing Anupamaa's hands off herself.

- Arey kya hua?
She asked trying to hug her again.

- Ayee hatt na Anu... Dur rah mujhse!!

- Kyuuuu!!!...

- Main gussa hoon tujhse aur uss shayar se bhi.

- Awwwleee meri Devika gussha hai...
She said while making another failed attempt at grabbing her in a hug.

- ANUU... Maine kaha na door reh.

She threw her bag and the newspaper on the sofa and sat there folding her hands over her chest.

Anupamaa looked at her, fuming. She went near the sofa and sat on her knees looking at her. Devika moved a few inches away. She did the same on the floor, sliding her body to be in front of her.

- Aur main kyun door rahoon tujhse????

- Kyunki mujhe ni chahiye tum aur tumhara vo shayar boyfriend apne aas pass.

- To mtlb tum itni door mujhse gussa hone aayi ho?

- Haan..

- Areyy baap re!! Lekin gussa ho kyo??

- Tum dono ki setting karaau main... Tum dono ko milvaaun main... Reunion party me tumko kheench ke leke jaaun main!!!!! Aur tum...??? Uss bandar ke saath set ho gayiii aur mujhe bataaya tak naii!!! Poore khaandaan ko pata hai... Yahan tak ki tere ex sasural tak me sab ko pataa haiii!!!! Bas mujhee nai pata??? 😤 Mujhe hi bataana jaroori nai samjhaa!!

Anupamaa got up to sat by her and hugged her.

- Suriiii ne Devika...

- Theek hai... Bas yahi bolne aayi thi main... Ki mujhe bura laga!! Bahut bura laga but khair... Tum ko kya... Aur Anuj ko bhi kya!? Main chalti hoon.

She got up to leave and marched towards the door veryyy slowly waiting for her to stop her... Only that she didn't.

She turned around after a while.

- Tu rok mujhe???

- Nahii nahiii... Tu bilkul sahi kah rah haiii... Meri itniii badi galti haiiiii... To tujhe mujhse gussa hona hi chahiye... Jaa...