34. Reminiscing Mumbai Fantasy

*Updating it just now 'cause some tyrant gave me a deadline till 8pm 😤 ... So updating beforehand😰*

Her foot was swollen and paining badly. The baby bump being a lot more than being just clearly visible. 8th month had half passed. As she sat on the bed with a balm sheeshi in her hand, she tried to bend to apply it but couldn't. She tried curling her legs inwards but her hands won't reach her toes. As he entered into the room and saw her struggling with it, he asked:-

- Kya hua ?

- Vo mere pair ki ungliyon me bhot dard ho ra hai... Chala bhi ni jaa ra tha... Abhi ye lagaane ki kosis kar ri hoon par jhuka nai jaa ra mujhse lagaane ke liye.

- Oh achaa.

He got busy on some office call and was quite furious as the ones who had to report to him weren't actually meeting the deadlines. He looked stressed. She tried once again but with no success. She rested her head on the headrest of the bed and took a deep breath before trying again.

After a while, she looked at him again.

- Suniye ne..

- Ek minute haan... (He said before keeping the call on hold.)

He looked at her. Her feet were swollen and fingers were paining.

- Kya?

- Vo ye...

- Kya? Jaada dard ho ra kya... kahin aur hota dard to main hi laga deta par... main kisi ko bhejta hoon. Koi laga dega. Wait. And ye thoda important call hai main aata hoon tum pareshaan mat ho.

He left without giving her a second look.

She was getting restless due to pain. And nobody came for another half an hour to check on her. She could have called toshu but he was out playing.

Dolly passing by her room saw her restless and sat by her feet. Even after a lot of resistance from Anupamaa's side she applied balm and wrapped her feet in a towel for warmth.

- Aap mujhe bula leti bhabhi.

- Vo ye the yahan bola tha inhone kisi ko ki bhejenge par.... Vo bhej dete... Par vo... Vo kya hei ne... Vo ek jaroori coll pe the... Thode paresaan lag re the to bhool...bhool gaye honge...

- To kitni der lagti, bhaii khud hi laga det...

She stopped midway and her eyes met her teary ones. Anupamaa's head dropped down. Dolly gave her a warm hug.

- Kitna kaam karte hein ye... Jara paresaan the... Nikal gaye honge... To dimaag se... Vo... Vo... Unke... Nikal gaya

- Koi baat nai bhaabhi aap mujhe bula liya kijiye.

Anupamaa smiled and hugged her tighter than a normal hug.

- Ab theek lag ra hai...?? Anupamaa?? Anupamaa????

- Haan! Haan... ?? Haan theek theek lag ra... Accha... achha lag ra.

- Good.

He pressed her legs thinking she might be tired after the whole day of walking and enjoyment on the beach.

- Anuj nii... Nii... Mat kariye... iski jaroort ni hai.

- Hai to bhi tum bologi thodi na... Pata nahi tum ladies ko hum logon se pair dabvaane me itni dikkat kyun hoti.