69. In Safe Hands

NOTE:- Lo bhyiiii KHOOB LAMBA update ahead!! 16K+ The longest till now... Hum isko do parts me break karne jaa rahe the phir humne kaha kyun chaar din aur tadpaaye tum logon ko... 😌 so.......... Here's the full update...

QUITE HEAVY AND DRAMATIC PART. THODA SHAYAD EMOTIONAL BHI LAGE 🤔🤔 PADH KE BATAANA🥱🥱

____________________________________

- Anujj... Anuujj...
Samar shook him by his shoulder.

Anuj opened his eyes all expectedly thinking what if all this was a dream but it wasn't. He gawked.

- Sam... Samar... Vo Anu... Anu...

- Mummy ka kuch pata ni chal raha hai... Police ko bhi ni...

Another round of tears flushed his face as Anuj checked his phone for any update and Samar informed Devika and Malvika who reached there.

- Anuj...

Devika hugged Anuj.

- I am sorry Anuj... Uska call aaya to... Mujhe... Anu ko akele aane ni dena chaahiye tha...
Devika cried as Anupamaa was nowhere to be found.
- Sab meri galti hai... I am so sorryy Anuj..... Sorry... Sorry.

She couldn't be more guilty of it.

- Shh!! Aye Devika... Devika... Shh... shh... Please mat ro... Tune jaanboojh ke ni kiya na... Aur... Tujhe thodi na pata tha ki aisa kuch... ho... ho jaayega... Hume dhoondhna hai Devika Anu ko na... Khud ko blame karne ke liye bahut time milega baad me... Abhi ni... Abhi hume Anu... Anupamaa ko dhoondhna hai... Usko kisi... kisi bhi... Bhi... Tarah... Vaapas laana hai... Chalo chaloo... jaldi...

He prayed before leaving the temple and crossed the road while the three of them looked around and he suddenly spotted something familiar. He ran to it to find her bag lying there near the bushes from where started the dense tree cover. He looked towards the mini jungle and his heartbeat ceased for a moment. There was a पेयजल stand and he couldn't feel his legs alive for a moment.

- DEVIKAAAAA.... SAMARR... MUK....

They all came rushing to him and he pointed towards her bag and noticed something else too. The broken bangles lying there disappearing into the bushes or in reverse. And another thing. He bent down and held her bag and there were marks, faint, of two sets of footwear shayad. One as if somebody got dragged and the other couldn't be made out well. He touched the dragged ones faintly entrenched marks in the loose soil. One side was the tree cover and other was road. He didn't know where those marks were leading. He saw blood staining the fine sand there all muddy. His mind stopped working for a moment and he got up and involuntarily his head turned towards the mini jungle holding her bag tight to his chest.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and he so badly wanted it to be Anupamaa's but it was Samar who was staring towards the tree cover all horrified and they soon ran in and Anuj followed them with slower steps.

- MUMMMYYYY...

- BHAABHIII...

They all shouted except Anuj who couldn't gather enough courage to call her name out. He sat down somewhere with a thud holding her bag to his heart just hoping and praying with folded hands that Anupamaa is safe and okay.