19. Innocuous Visitors

Anupamaa stood up when the person on the other side knocked again, harder this time.

- Kaun hai? (She managed to speak up)

- Arey mummy hum hai, Samar aur main.

And saying this they entered the cabin.

It feels like an eternity today, the day just wouldn't end for Anupamaa, the moment she thinks enough for the day and wishes it to get over, something new comes up crumpling her wish. Well, to be honest she didn't want to meet her kids right now 'cause she wanted to give herself some time to contemplate. She had faced Mukku, with so many unsaid fears and concerns regarding her thoughts and one person in a day would have sufficed but here the number is gonna get tripled. She didn't get a chance to have any VERY deep conversation with Malvika. Reason she is tooo bubbly for it and these things and matters are too trivial for her to grab her lengthy attention.

Anupamaa stood before them like a statue and in absolutely no mood to explain or justify herself again 'cause the moment she tries to, she runs out of words.

It seemed like between getting accused and this point of time, nothing like a shadi discussion happened... 'Cause that discussion was supposed to act like a blender, smoothly blending the preceding events and the succeeding ones. But here her heart is tooo heavy with that unwanted guilt to just let that blending happen.

By the time she wouldn't clear the air off, isko sukoon ni milega. Taunts, insults, comments that she faced today, were too heavy on her heart, making it sink lower and lower.

Anuj was with her when everybody left and he didn't let her feel a thing but that couldn't last forever. For a family person she is, it's difficult to just be one-on-one (husband and wife)  and forgetting the rest of the familyy behind and keeping aside the need of giving them an un-demanded justification.

She knew Kinjal called last night and no chance she didn't know what was happening in that moment and Samar is no kid either. Also Kinjal said she wanted to talk to her and morning was definitely not a good time for that apropos all the drama that was happening, in midst of that she couldn't talk to her but when she called and Anupamaa was all speechless and breathless, she knew she needed to talk to her about it and Anupamaa too got a feeble idea of it after talking to her over call.

Anupamaa smiled meekly and they got in the cabin and holding her hands made her sit on the sofa and then themselves sat by her, one on either side.

- Tum dono yahan aese achaanak se?

- Haan vo hum pehle aapke ghar gaye the...

- Mere ghar?

- Arey vo bhaabhi ka matlb hai Anuj ke ghar.

Kinjal bit her tongue for slipping.

Samar and Kinjal exchanged looks as if agreeing to something Anupamaa had no idea about.

- Vo kya hai na mummy... Aap itne dino se Anuj ke ghar me reh rahi hain to ab yaad hi nahi rehta ki vo aapka ghar hai ya Anuj ka aur na Anuj hume kabhi aisa feel hone dete hain.

Anupamaa has got strong senses, she could sense where this is going. But she didn't know what to reply and kept on staring her lap and her fingers of both hands knotted- unknotted slowly coz she didn't know if not this then what else was to be done in that moment.

- Mummy...

- Tum log cophie piyoge ? Cold - cophie? Mein abhi bol kar aati hoon.

She stood up to move out but one held her hand and the other her pallu and pulled her back making her sit in between them again.