Season 5 - Ep TEN

1988

"We're lucky to have come this far". Tatiana said as they were getting ready for prom. "Do you really think that we made the right choice?" Irene was always worried. Tatiana dropped her dress and asked harshly, "Tell me Irene, would you rather have a night that was filled with deaths or one without it?" "One without it". She mumbled. Tatiana smiled and placed a comforting arm on her shoulder, "then you shouldn't be worried", she said, "we're gonna find a solution. But for now, she stays locked up and we get a break. We've gone through so much already".

Nolan had crossed several lines. Irene always had hope that she could be redeemed. That was until  Nolan hung both her parents and stabbed them to death. The image get penetrating her mind. It haunted her. She couldn't imagine that someone she called her best friend would do such a thing.

Tatiana had been helping them out since the incident in the library. They made a plan to bury the bodies so that Nolan would follow them. "Tatiana", Nolan had said, "I should have known that you would be the head of this". "At least, you still remember what I stand for", Tatiana spat, "I can't say the same for you". "Oh please, spare me the details. What are you doing with the bodies?" "They deserve a burial after such a bad death or should I say murder? Who are you and where's the real Nolan?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk...I am highly disappointed. First, you steal from me and now, you want to preach about morals. Hypocritical, if you ask me".

"Well no one asked".

"Don't think you can fight with me. I can take your life in a minute". "I'll like to see you try", Tatiana wore a boastful smirk, "after all, you stole the powers. Heck! We aren't even  different. You know what? We are different. You stole what  was meant for your mother and you want someone that was never yours to begin with".

Nolan yelled and stretched her hand. Tatiana was choking in mid air. "Now!" She managed to say. Sophia clicked her fingers and a chain trapped Nolan. Celine blew dust and the chain turned bright red. "Ah!" She shouted. "This is for your own good". Irene whispered as Tatiana kicked her head.

That was two days ago and they had locked her in Irene's parent's house attic. "We all ready?" Tatiana checked in. "I forgot to sound proof the attic", Kimberly said, "just in case she wakes up and starts screaming again". "We'll meet you there?" Celine questioned with a smug smile. "Wouldn't miss it". She returned the gesture.

The party was loud as expected. "Damn", Tatiana smiled, "I wouldn't miss this for the world". The others agreed. They were partying and dancing.  It was the greatest feeling in the world. This was their last party in high school. It had to be memorable.

"Gather round, gals and pals", one of their friends said into the microphone, "to give the announcement, please welcome Principal K". All the students roared an applause. "I've said it many times, it's Principal Keegan", the man said, "but since you're graduating, Brit...I'll allow". The students laughed.

"Anyways, I know what y'all have in mind", he said, "unfortunately, no guy was gentleman enough to be selected so we only have a queen". He opened the envelope. "Would you look at that?" He said shaking his head, "are you sure you all voted?" Again, the students laughed. "I don't know how this happened", he smiled, "but this year's prom queen is Brittany Keegan".

Brittany smiled widely. "She doesn't deserve it though". Principal Keegan laughed and hugged her. "I love you too Daddy". She said. He removed the crown from the pillow and place it on her brown locks. She collected the bouquet of flowers and waved.

Immediately, she froze. Blood was dripping from her neck and she was choking on it. Tatiana was stunned. Nolan appeared some feets in front of them. She smirked and said, "we all know that was my crown". For the first time, Tatiana looked at that face and saw a total stranger.