Special Chapter #3: Elysian Tribe

Ethan's POV

I immediately went out of my car when I arrived near the central part of the village. At doon ko nakita ang madaming bangkay na natatakpan ng puting telang may bahid ng dugo.

Sa tantya ko, there are about almost 200 of them.

Just what kind of monster did our people fought?

"Horrible."

I looked beside me and saw Yumi. Mukhang kadadating niya lang din at kitang-kita sa mukha niya ang magkahalong pagkadismaya at galit.

"Let's go."

Tumango lang siya at pareho kaming pumasok sa Central Hall. We entered the main conference room and saw Black talking to Gwen and Reggie. They immediately looked at us and bowed.

"What the hell happened?" tanong ko pagkaupo namin.

Nagkatinginan sila Gwen at Reggie na mukhang nagdadalawang-isip kung paano sasagutin ang tanong ko. Well, I cannot blame them though.

Yumi's silent but I can clearly feel her anger.

"I-It's—"

"Isn't it obvious?" Black interrupted. "Those people fought and lost. Those Elysians were stronger than we thought."

Elysians?

Napakunot noo ako pero napagtanto ko din kung anong ibigsabibin ni Black.

"But wait, didn't we send them to negotiate?" Yumi asked. "So why did this happen?"

"They refused to listen."

Napatingin kaming lahat kay Gwen nang magsalita siya.

"Like what we were instructed, we gave them two options. To join or to share the land. But they didn't even consider about it and started to attack," she explained. "They don't have high-tech firearms but they are strong, especially the Chieftain's son. Siya ang pumatay sa halos lahat ng tauhan natin. So we retreated for the meantime and only got the chance to retrieve the bodies when they completely left the battle area."

Her statement only meant one thing.

We lost.

Hindi ko inaasahan na hahantong ito sa ganito. Yes, we still have millions of subordinates and underlings around the world. But that doesn't mean losing almost 200 people is okay.

Sumandal ako sa upuan ko at napaisip.

There's an island located between Brunei and Malaysia named Elysia. It's small and isolated from others so no one really payed attention to it for years.

But just six months ago, we discovered that this island is rich in both iron and oil. It also has different varieties of herbs that Gehenna Technologies wanted to acquire to be tested and made to medicine.

So we sent few of our men with some biologists to study the place only to find out that it is inhabited of people who call themselves Elysians.

When we investigated about them, nalaman naming may posibilidad na ang mga ninuno nila ay mga refugees mula Brunei noong panahon ng British colonization. Since Elysia is a small island and surrounded by water, it's a great place to hide. Then their bloodline continued and the island became their permanent home.

Elysian Tribe doesn't cooperate or interact with other people or countries. They have their own independence and only depended on the sea and forest to survive through out the years.

Dahil dito, hindi moderno ang mga kagamitan nila at parang namumuhay sila sa makalumang panahon. Which is not bad though.

So when we learned about it, we sent Gwen to lead our men and meet that tribe. Our plan was to negotiate with them with two options.