Dark 36: Played And Planned

Black's POV

When I was nine years-old, my father brought me to a province I never knew. He said he'll visit someone very special to him and will introduce me to that person.

That's when I first met Miss Igraine. She's a very beautiful and smart woman. She was kind and will always smile at everyone.

That's also when I realized that my father is in love with her. But too bad for Dad, Miss Igraine chose Head. But even so, he never did anything to destroy them.

Maybe that's also why I never felt that we are a family. Because both of my parents are in love with the people they can never have. And I was just made out of lust and not love.

That's also when I first met Kithania Zedler. It was afternoon that time and our parents were talking in their house' living room when she arrived from school.

Just like her mother, she's all smiles. I can even remember how she smiled at me when Miss Igraine introduced me to her.

But after that, when we left that province, I never saw them again. If I only knew that was the last time I'll see Miss Igraine alive and Kithania's genuine smile, maybe I chose to stay there a little longer.

And now, I'm going back to that place after nine years.

Hindi pa man din ako tuluyang nakakalapit sa bahay nila noon, I already saw some people gathering around the house beside it. Police are also everywhere but Kithania is nowhere to be found.

I went out from my car and walked towards a woman at the corner.

"Excuse me."

She looked at me.

"Have you seen a girl with—"

I stopped from talking when I noticed her confused face. It looks like she can't understand me.

I sighed. "May nakita ka bang babaeng mahaba ang buhok tapos may katangkaran? Maganda tapos mukhang inosente—"

I almost palmed my face. What am I even talking about?

"May nakita akong babae kanina na sumakay sa kotse."

"Really? I mean, talaga po? Alam niyo ba kung saan pumunta?"

She pointed at one direction and it looks like it's heading to the sea. I immediately nodded and thanked her before going back to my car.

Pumunta ako sa tinuro niya at sa dagat nga. I roamed my eyes around as I drive slowly until I saw a car parked on the seashore.

I stopped the car and went out. Then I saw a woman kneeling on the sand while looking up. Her eyes are full of despair and it feels like I can already feel her hopelessness just by looking at her.

Seeing her like that made my fists clench. I can't believe we let his happen.

I now know why Cal told us to kill Lorenzo Pascual. He gave us a warning and we should have listened to him.

This is our fault. And I know the boys also realized the same thing.

I looked at Kithania once again when she suddenly stood up. She was intently looking at the ocean and I think I already know what she's planning to do.

"Suicide is not an escape from pain. It will just prove how weak you are."

She looked back and was obviously surprised to see me. Namulsa lang ako habang nakatingin sa kanya.

I badly want to apologize for everything, to her and to the heiresses. I admit to myself we have made a mistake but I'm not that brave to admit it in front of her.