"Never!"

Eva POV

I woke up early the next morning, the house still quiet. Holly lay asleep next to me, taking the whole duvet for herself. I decided I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up, put on some fluffy socks, and made my way out of the room and downstairs.

My mum was already awake, humming to herself in the kitchen. I smiled as I walked over.

"Hi ma." She looked up and grinned.

"Good morning sweetheart! Sit down. I'm just about to start breakfast. Everyone should be getting up soon." I sat on the kitchen counter, watching my mum get food out of the fridge. "Now, Jay's a vegetarian, isn't he?" She asked, looking at the bacon she had just got out.

"Yeah. Don't worry, Im sure he'll find something to eat out of all this." I pointed to the amount of food she had got out. Far too much food if you ask me.

"Yes. I'm sure he will. I forgot to say yesterday, sweetheart, he's a lovely young man. You have good taste." I blushed.

"Thanks, ma."

"I have to say though, I do not want to be a grandmother yet. Make sure you're safe..."

"Ma!" I shouted, a bit too loudly, horrified at where this conversation was leading. I noticed Holly had come downstairs, and was laughing loudly at the conversation. I scowled at her.

"I'm just saying..." My mum trailed off as Kaleb ran into the room, pulling a laughing Jay behind him. Holly was still giggling to herself. Jay looked up at me and winked before letting Kaleb show him where to sit at the table. I giggled, turning to help my mum set food out onto plates.

My brothers and dad came down a few minutes later, and we all sat down to eat. My dad frowned slightly as he saw me holding Jays hand at the table. I sighed, but I knew Jay was going to talk to him later on so I wasn't too bothered by it.

Jay suggested over breakfast that I show him around where I spent my first ten years growing up. I agreed, excited to show him around. Kaleb was a little bit disappointed, but Jay promised that they could go outside and play after we got back. I smiled. The two of them were really cute together.

We left the house hand in hand at around 11.00am, saying goodbye to Holly. We went into the village centre, passing the docks. I showed Jay everything, from my old school to the local swimming pool. He seemed genuinely interested, constantly asking questions. He said he liked finding out more about me. I just thought it was very cute.

We went a local cafe for lunch. The woman who worked there noticed me and greeted me warmly. She was good friends with my mum.

We started walking back home after having lunch. Somehow, along the way Jay persuaded me that we should go onto the beach. I agreed and we started walking along the water edge, shoes off. When we were about half way across the small beach, I kicked some of the sea water at him playfully. Jay raised his eyebrow and splashed some back at me. I giggled at did the same back, the bottom half of his jeans now soaked. He smirked at me.

"I think you should apologise for that Miss Lalor." He said grinning. I shook my head.

"Nope." I giggled again as he stepped closer.

"Oh really?" He grinned, looking at me before picking me up in his arms and walking further out into the sea, obviously not bothered by how drenched his jeans now were. "Apologise!" I squirmed in his arms.

"Never!" I shouted in between my laughs.

"Apologise!" He was laughing, walking further out into the water.

"No!" I couldn't say anything else. I was laughing too much.

"Well then..." He trailed off and we both dropped straight into the water. It wasn't that deep but we were both absolutely soaked through. I couldnt be mad at him though. I was just laughing with him instead. He helped pull me out of the water, both of us still laughing. Luckily it was warm outside so we didn't come out completely freezing.

"And that's what happens when you don't say sorry." He said, pulling me to his side.

"And Im still not going to say sorry." I grinned and ran off across the sand in the direction of home. He chased after me, catching up easily. By that point, we were already by my parents house so I led us back up from the beach and over to the pavement that led to my parents street. Holly greeted us as I knocked on the front door, taken back by our appearance.

"What have you been doing?" She asked as we both walked into the house. My clothes were wet, as was the bottom half of my hair. Jay was exactly the same.

"Ask Jay." I said smiling as I walked upstairs to get changed.

"You should have said sorry." He called. I turned around to see him grinning.

"Never!"