White Tulips

Holly's POV

The past few weeks were pretty quiet. Me and Eva had gone out with Nareesha and Kelsey to dinner which was fun, Nathan was really sweet and had taken me to the Harry potter studios on one of his days off since he knew how much I loved harry potter. Also me kelsey, eva and nareesha went to one of the boys concerts, which was really exciting seeing them perform.

Today however, was my mums birthday, and I was going to visit her grave and then the little place where we used to go when I was little, something I did every year on her birthday. Eva offered to come with me but I said I just wanted to go alone.

I'd gotten a taxi down to the cemetery, stopping at the florist on the way to get my mums favourite flowers, white tulips. I payed the taxi driver and walked the familiar gravelled road past the other graves and down to my mum.

"Hi mum." I said as I sat down next to the grave, putting the flowers in front of the stone. "I got your favourites. White tulips." I smiled slightly. She had always like white tulips. Every Saturday me and my dad would go out to the florist before mum woke up and buy her white tulips. "So, um, happy birthday. Ev says hi. She offered to come but I told her to stay at home. She's probably with Jay. They are always together. Mind you, me and Nathan aren't much better. You'd like him mum. He really is perfect. I wish you were here to see him. I want to know what you think of him." I wiped away a stray tear, trying to pull myself together. "Ev told me to tell you she's looking after me for you, making sure I don't do anything stupid." I laughed slightly before going on to tell her about the club, the band, random things that had happened in the last few weeks.

After a while I decided I would make my way to the pond in the park where I spent a lot of my time with my mum as a child. Most of the time I just remembered all of the memories I had with her. Most of my best memories were the ones I had spent with her. I really really missed her.

I'd spent most of the afternoon there before I realised what time it was, so started to make my way back to the flat.