"He was so upset."

Eva POV

"Eva?" I heard my name being called by Holly from the front door. I sighed. If I didnt see Nathan with her I wasnt going to be happy. I had a feeling Nathan didnt willingly kiss that girl, and I was praying Holly let him explain everything if that was the case. Luckily, when I walked down the hallway, Nathan was stood right beside her. They were absolutely soaked because of the rain and they looked ridiculous but at least they were together and Holly hadnt left him outside to freeze to death. That was a good sign. I grinned.

"Hey Eva!" Nathan grinned back at me.

"Hey Nathan! Wait, are you together again?" I asked. Holly beamed.

"Yep."

"Good. I couldnt deal with you moping around the house for another week." Holly hit my arm and Nathan laughed.

"I wasnt moping!"

"Yes you were. Dont deny it." She shook her head at me. "Anyway, Im staying at Jay's tonight so you have the house to yourselves. He wants me to go bond with Neytiri." I rolled my eyes, smiling. They laughed.

"Ok. Have fun." Holly said, hugging me before I walked out the door.

The rain was still coming down heavily and I hated driving in it so I got to Jay's a little later than I expected. I ran from the car to the front door as fast as I could so I wouldnt get soaked. Thankfully, Jay was waiting at the front door so I didnt have to wait outside. 

"I knew I should have picked you up from yours." Jay said, pulling me into a hug. "Your hair's all wet." He said, kissing the top of my head. I giggled.

"It's fine, I'll tie it up." I reached up and kissed him before walking into the living room. "Aw, hey Tia!" The lizard was sat on the sofa, watching the colours on the TV. Jay walked over and picked her up. 

"Say hi to Eva." He said. I laughed. 

"I think this bonding thing might take a while." I said, watching Tia stare at me. Jay chuckled. 

"She's just being awkward, arent you Tia?" He kissed her head and put her back down on the sofa. "By tomorrow, she'll be your best friend." 

Jay made us dinner, a very basic dinner, but I appreciated it all the same. He said he'd have to work on the whole cooking thing but I told him he didnt have to and I was more than happy to cook. 

After dinner, we stuck a comedy on the TV and sat watching that. Tia decided that she did like me after all and sat on my lap. 

"So, Nathan and Holly are fine now." I explained, resting my head on Jay's shoulder. 

"Thank god for that. Nath's been so upset by the whole thing. I swear the boy hasnt slept for three days because of it." 

"Holly's been exactly the same. Except she was more angry. I told her it would just be a misunderstanding."  Jay nodded as i spoke. 

"It was. Max and Siva were there when it happened, and they said it was all the girl, not him. But I felt so bad for Nathan. He was so upset. I know I'd be exactly the same if it were us." He looked down at me, smiling slightly.

"It's not us though. Any if any girl randomly come up to you and kissed you, she'd have me to answer to." Jay laughed.

"Lets hope no other girl tries to kiss me then." He smirked, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. Tia obviously got a little annoyed we werent paying attention to her and kicked me. I broke away, giggling.

"Tia, I thought we were meant to be new best friends." I looked at her. Jay grinned.

"Maybe you're right. The bonding thing might take a while."