"You dont have to ask."

Eva POV

I cooked that night, refusing to let Jay do anything.

"You dont have to try and impress them by cooking for us." He complained.

"I'm not. I'm saving them from your cooking." I teased back, smirking.

"I can cook, thank you very much!" He defended himself. I just raised my eyebrows at him and subsequently won that argument.

His family liked my food, thank god. Holly was the one who taught me to cook. She's a lot better than I am, which is why I usually let her do most of the cooking at home.

"So, you're an artist?" Jay's mum, Maureen, asked as we were eating.

"Um, not exactly an artist. I just draw and paint a lot. I think I might start selling a few pieces but I have no idea if anyone will actually want them." I said, wondering what Jay had been telling his mother over the phone. He rolled his eyes.

"She's very talented, just wont admit it." Jay said. I blushed, shaking my head. "Here, I have some photos..." He took out his phone. I realised then that I really shouldnt have let him take photos of some of my art work a few days ago. But they seemed to really like the stuff he was showing them so it wasnt too bad.

"You really should try and sell some of it. It's really good." His brother, Tom, said. I smiled.

"Thanks."

We talked about a load of things over dinner. Jay talked about his and Tom's birthday, which was the next day. We were going out in the night to celebrate, which both Tom and Jay were excited about. The band, Nareesha, Kelsey and Holly were coming round in the morning and we were doing the whole present giving thing then. Holly was bringing Jay's presents from me round in the morning because I knew he would peek at them if I brought them round today. He was like a little kid, so desperate to know what I got him.

Eleanor, his sister, knew a few friends in London close to where Jay's place was so she was staying with them tomorrow night. We hadn't really spoken much and I had the feeling she would be a bit harder to get to know than Jays mum, who seemed to like me.

We went to bed after watching TV. Tom and Jay argued about what to put on, which I laughed at. Anyone would be able to tell they were brothers.

"So, Eva..?" Jay asked from his bed as I took off my makeup. I looked back at him.

"Yeah?"

"Tomorrow, we will be celebrating... alone, right?" He asked. I smirked.

"Are you asking what I think you're asking?" I asked. He didnt answer, just laughed. "Because you don't have to ask. Ever." He laughed even more. "Wait, won't your mum and brother be in the house?" I frowned, getting up and swapping my clothes for one of his tshirts.

"Nope. She said she knows a friend who she wants to meet up with. She'll stay there. And as for my brother, we can kick him out for a night. I'm sure he won't mind staying with Max or someone." Jay said, shrugging. I climbed into bed beside him, laughing.

"Yeah, Im sure he wont mind." I said, yawning slightly.

"Tired?" He asked quietly. I nodded, letting him pull me to his chest and kiss my hair, tucking my head under his chin.

"Night beautiful." He whispered, yawning himself. I smiled.

"Night."