"Most of the time."

Eva POV

"Morning." I muttered as I walked into Jay's kitchen the next morning. He had woken up earlier than me and was stood making breakfast in just a t-shirt and his boxers. He chuckled as I yawned. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, my face pressed into his back as he faced the breakfast he was making.

"Morning sleepyhead. Sleep well?"

"Yeah. I think I've fallen in love with your bed." I said. He laughed.

"Well, you'll have to sleep in my bed more often then." He said, watching the food he was cooking. I giggled.

"Sure. You can sleep on the sofa and I'll have the whole bed to myself." I teased. He gasped playfully and I laughed at his expression.

"That doesnt make me feel very loved." He said, pouting. I shrugged, playing along.

"Well you'll just have to accept that I'm with you for your bed."

"Evaline Lalor!" He gasped.

"What? The bed is warm, and comfortable. And you are... well... you just dont appeal to me as much as that bed does." I teased.

"Right, that's it!" He said, wrapping one arm around my waist and one around the top of my legs. I gasped as he lifted me off the floor.

"James McGuiness!" I shouted between my laughter. "Put me down!" I fought as he carried me through to the living room, but I was laughing too much.

"Never!" He said, laughing and throwing me onto the sofa. He lay over me. "Take back what you said or the tickle monster will come get you." I giggled.

"The tickle monster? How old are you? Five? And no, I wont take it back. I prefer your bed." He raised his eyebrows.

"Fine. If you're going to be like that then..." He grinned devilishly before starting to tickle me. And I happen to be the most ticklish person in the world, which didnt help things.

"Jay! Stop!" I begged in between my fit of giggles. He shook his head.

"Nope! Not until you take it back." He continued to tickle me. I tried not to give in, I really did, but that didnt really work. I literally had tears coming from my eyes I was laughing so much.

"Ok! Ok! I take it back!" Jay stopped.

"And...?"

"And I like you more than your bed..." I sighed. "But if you tickle me like that again you're definitely sleeping on the sofa." I said, smiling. He smiled back.

"You're all red." He said, touching my cheek with his finger and smiling. I frowned.

"Great."

"It's cute." He said, cupping my cheek and leaning in to kiss me. I pulled away after a minute, frowning.

"Jay, can I smell burning?" I sniffed. There was definately a burning smell coming from the kitchen. His eyes widened.

"Shit!"

***

We eventually had breakfast, a burned breakfast at that. I laughed hysterically as he hopped around the kitchen trying to take everything off the heat before the smoke alarm went off.

"So, my birthday's coming up." Jay said, taking a bite of burned toast.

"Is that your way of trying to remind me I need to get you a present?" I said. He laughed.

"No! No. It's just, I was speaking to my mum the other day on the phone. I told her I wouldnt be able to go back home to see my family for my birthday. I have to much stuff going on with the band. But she said my family still wanted to see me, so she said they were thinking of coming down here. Basically, its her way of getting to meet you." I nodded, suddenly terrified at the thought of meeting Jays mum.

"Um, yeah." I said. "That would be nice."

"Whats wrong?" He asked, lifting my chin up with his fingers so I would look at him.

"Nothing. it's just... what if they dont like me? Your mum especially. What if she doesn't like me Jay?" I said quietly. He smiled warmly, kissing my forehead.

"Eva, they're going to love you. My mum will adore you. You have nothing to worry about."

"You're sure?" I asked.

"I know my mum. She'll love you. I promise."

***

I left Jay's at 11am, feeling ok about meeting his family. I had a couple of weeks left before his birthday. I was more worried about what I was supposed to get him as a present to be honest. I had absolutely no clue and was hoping Holly would come up with something.

"Hello?" I called as I walked through the front door of the apartment. I put my bag down by the front door, hanging up my jacket and walking through to the living room. Holly and Nathan were cuddled up on the sofa, laughing about something. "Hey." I said, sitting down on the other sofa.

"Hey. How was bonding with Tia?" Holly asked, smiling.

"Umm, she ended up kicking me a lot. Take from that what you will." They laughed. "So, do anything interesting?" I asked. Nathan smirked.

"Well, interesting is one way to put it..." He said, chuckling. I raised my eyebrows.

"Ok... I wont ask anymore..." I said. Holly was blushing.

"Well, actually we watched disney movies and ate ice cream..." She said, looking at Nathan.

"Yes but then we...."

"Ok! Stop there! I don't want to know!" I said, covering my ears. They laughed.

"So what do you want to do today?" Holly asked me.

"Well, Jays birthday is coming up. I need to get him something." Holly nodded.

"Sure, we can go shopping. I need to get a few things anyways."

"Great. Nathan, I'm guessing you don't want to go?" I said, looking at his expression at the thought of going into the centre of London only to get mobbed by teenage girls.

"Uh.. No thanks. I think I'll skip this one." He said. I laughed.

"Spoilsport." Holly said, sticking her tongue out at him.

"You know you love me." He replied. She smiled warmly.

"Most of the time."