Chapter 99 : Jealousy Secrecy

Since Lord Hatrya almost ruined the trade between Valimos Empire and the Dzenarians, as the Empress, Medea delegated the task to the House of Smith under Natalie. At first, she seems rigid when the Empress utter the task to her, but then her expression changes to somewhat frown before smiling to accept it. Not long after that, the Dzenarians came to the capital and immediately signed the trade between the two sides.

However, along the way, Medea notices Lord Hyacinth, the one she met at the Eirene Festival, keeps looking at Duchess Smith. Natalie seems to catch his glance and despises it as well. Medea and Natalie would be the one who is professional enough in their work, but seeing her lover is uncomfortable drives her up to the wall. Empress Medea slips her hand around Natalie's waist, securing her hand tightly by bringing the Duchess to her side, ensuring the golden eyes to the gestures and her amethyst eyes.

"Why does he keep looking at Natalie to the point where she feels uncomfortable under his golden gaze?" Medea thought while Hyacinth casts his gaze to another place after seeing the gestures.

"Did those two have a history together that no one aware of?" Medea frowns at the thought alone.

"Nate," Medea voices when they are finally together, pulling up the woman standing in front of her while sitting on the couch.

This cause Natalie to land on her knees between Medea's thigh while the Empress keeps her hand on the blonde's waist.

"Yes?" the Duchess of Light flashes a smile to her lover.

"Is there a secret history between you and Lord Hyacinth? While you never waver in the face of everyone's gaze, yet when he keeps looking at you, his gaze makes you feel uneasy. He even looked at you a few years ago at the Eirene Festival," Medea decided to address the issue.

Flashback

Suddenly, Lord Apollo nudges her side lightly, causing the blonde woman to instinctively touch her ribs. She doesn't bother to look at Apollo, but the man insists on pressing her side again. This time, she turns around, only to find the man grinning stupidly and wriggling his brows like she did earlier.

"What, Apollo?" she asks, wanting the man to jabber.

However, Duchess Valimos' ears perk up to listen for their conversation again. Somehow, it reminds her of when Aurora used to annoy her at night. Her mind drifted off to the night, where Aurora bothered her with her magical skills. Then, she accidentally burns her bedsheets, causing Medea to smack the back of her head again. After that night, Aurora makes a chocolate dessert to apologise to Medea.

Medea being sadist as always, torture the woman in her swordsmanship training. She smiles at the thought, as it vanishes immediately after hearing Apollo's following words.

"Did Your Grace notice that guy from the Dzenarian team?" Apollo asks with a hint of excitement from his question.

Duchess Medea takes a glimpse of the man Apollo mentions. The man literally keeps glancing in the blonde's way.

"No," the woman replies dryly, looking at Medea's back and holding herself to talk with her.

"You don't even look at him," Lord Apollo continues to bug her off.

"There's no need to. Not important," Aurora answers sarcastically, as her eyes widen for Apollo to turn her head in the man's direction.

Duchess Smith's ruby eyes then meet with a man with golden eyes, with a light-blue hair shining under the sunlight. Somehow, his light-blue hair reminds her of Daphne. The man has a muscular body, broad shoulders, and a defined jaw. His body proportion looks like he is a sculpture fresh from God's hand. In short, he is a dazzling man. Yet, Natalie curses herself for her mistake that night.