𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

"Another day and the son of Endeavour, Dabi, is at the crime scene once more!" A reporter shouted through her ear piece. "What truly great heroes they bring for this nation." There was another villain attack, and the agency (y/n) and Toya were in had come to save the day once again. Of course... The foreign students were a little too tired. "It's going to take me some time to get used to the sudden jobs they expect us to get done..." (y/n) said in English out of breath, who had used her quirk an awful lot too. This was one sturdy villain!

Continuing to huff and puff as he stood, on apprehending the villain, Toya agreed with a hum. One month and these two, plus the other foreign students, were still getting used to all of this. Things in America aren't like they are in Japan. Things move fast, no... faster. Time equals money after all, no one is here to wait for you.

Finally taken into custody, the villain was no longer a threat, and the people cheered on the rookie heroes for their courageous work.

***

"Great job out there (y/n)." Darius welcomed the girl back into the agency with a few other exchange heroes by her side. "Thanks. It took a lot out of me, but it was worth it." (y/n) cheerfully replied, but kept it short in order to not continue any sort of conversation with the man. She listened to what her sister had told her, every single step of it. However, (y/n) had nothing personal against the boy, she was neutral with him. She simply chose to believe in Toya and Sachiko's intuition.

"Oh by the way, after this attack you guys just finished cleaning up. There has been some paperwork that needs to be done. Lame, I know. The boss said we should do it in groups, if you want you can come over and I can help you out, since you are new and all. Or I can come over to your place, whichever floats your boat." A tactic to get closer to someone. It is not a bad idea, but (y/n) listened to those she trusted, plus... "That does sound great, but I usually do my paper work with Toya." He turned his back for a split second once his first name came out of her mouth. "Todoroki~ I'm only using your first name in English until you're comfortable with it." (y/n) said in Japanese, making Toya face her again.

"Are you sure?" Darius asked. "It'll be easier if you're with me. I am fluent in English after all." He was slightly persistent. "N-no I'm good. Thanks for the offer though." There was nothing wrong with what Darius asked. So why does it just feel so off.

"Darius, we can work together if you'd like. I'm still struggling with paying attention to the paperwork itself." A coworker who seemed to be around Darius's age asked. She was quite petite. "If you're okay with it, then sure." (y/n) and Toya weren't some sort of target, it didn't seem like it since he accepted the request of another worker. Weird. Maybe everyone is just overthinking, he isn't like that... (y/n) thought to herself.

"Darius, yeah he's super nice. Big help around the agency."

"Well, other than his looks... I think he's really cool."

"He's very respectful to me at least. I think he's cool."

"He's a good guy. Without him I doubt I'd get some of my work done."

"That guy is insane, in a good way. Strong quirk, high rescue count, he'll be successful."

(y/n) had asked the coworkers around the agency about Darius. "I'm surprised you rejected his offer to help." Another coworker said. "I've never seen any women reject him, mostly because of his looks, at first though." So he's good with the ladies, huh? "I- uhh..." She seemed like an ass now for rejecting such a kind persons' offer. Were Sachiko and Toya wrong? They don't really know him either... "I already have someone to work with, I don't want to kick them away for some guy who's cute. Not very heroic, right?" Someone's abilities with lying had improved.