𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

I would like to credit Skyro355 as our beta reader for the month! She's on AO3 but show her some love in the comments section because I really needed her.
--------------------

"NO!" Mizuki yelled, pointing at Hana. "Absolutely not. Shimura, you need to have more expression, emotion, uhh..." They were practicing for the play, it being less than a week later. "Can you maybe not pretend to be some famous director- where did you even get the chair from?" (y/n) said, while she sat on the floor with a few others helping with the props.

Currently, they are at gym gamma practicing. The class was assigned into four groups. The actors, décor group, costume group, and stage effects. While the majority of the cast managed to get a hold of their roles, Hana still acted rather tired or disinterested. With a loud sigh, she pulled herself together. The only one that wasn't present was Tenko, who still had extra classes because of his suspension. Chisaki, being the smarter one, caught up to his absence and is now helping the class with the play.

"It's strange. Shimura never acts like this, I'm glad her brother is his normal self though." The décor group, who specialized with the stage props, began mumbling as they painted. "It is weird. Her personality just switched the second her brother got kicked out. I don't understand why she's still like this though, he's back."

With a side eyed glare, (y/n) spoke up. "You don't know what people may be going through. Not everything is the way it seems at first glance." The group looked at her, "Sounds like you know something then?" A girl raised her voice. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"You know the twins the most, you must know what goes on between them." (y/n) scoffed at that statement. "Even if I did, I wouldn't tell anyone anything. Don't poke your nose into someone else's business." She raised an eyebrow. "I'm not poking my nose in someone else's business. I'm just as worried as you are."

"You sound like you just want gossip."

"You just don't want anyone getting close to Shimura, do you?"

"What a bold statement. Whatever makes Hana happy makes me happy. Ack!" (y/n) got hit on the head with the plays' script. "What the hell Mizuki!?"

"Less talking and more painting. Chop chop!" she grumbled at Mizuki, only to get back to work. "Oh by the way, (l/n)." Mizuki looked over his shoulder. "Whaaaaat?" she whined. "You still have those tools your dad brought from America right? We'll need them for the day of the play." While she worked on painting, "Yeah yeah, don't worry about it."

"I mean it, (l/n). Don't forget them!"

"Ughhh! Okay, shut uuup!"

"And after all this work, you were just going to throw it away for some boy!" Hana yelled at Mika. "No! I'm not!" They were rehearsing the scene where the main character, Tessa, and her mother argue over Hardin. "You're going to break up with this boy, and you are going to focus on your school work." Hana said, like an assertive mother.

Mika crossed her arms, nodding in displeasure. "Do you even know what it has been like, trying to be perfect for you?" She paused and looked at Hana. "Having you mold my life the way you wanted it to be?"

"I did it for your own good." Hana said solemnly. "I am so sorry, mom, that your life didn't work out the way you wanted it to." Mika looked up at Hana. "I really am... but this is my life and you have to let me live it." She lightly nodded to herself, agreeing with her own ideals.

"..."

Hana hesitated.

Why did she feel like she'd had this conversation before... with a completely different person?