Little Rascal

A squeal snapped Ozone out of his slumber. Jumping to his feet, the hairless cat raced towards the back of the alley. Nitro and Pepper were right on his heels, ready to help. "Antonio! Get off of him!" Nitro ordered, spotting his oldest son on top of another kitten. Huffing, the light gray kitten did what he was told, allowing Ozone to approach his own son.

"I'm okay..." Rascal spoke in a hushed voice, laying on the pavement. Sniffing his head, the young Penny looked up at Ozone and squeaked, "Sorry we couldn't stop the fight sir." Dipping his head quietly, the leader of the Alley Cats reassured his best friend's daughter, "It's okay Penny. Here, I'll take care of him." The pale brown and white kitten looked at Rascal one last time before she followed her parents and her older brothers Antonio, Slate and Salty. Soon, Ozone was left with his son.

"Alright, who started it?" Ozone asked, helping Rascal to his feet. Wiping his nose, Rascal muttered, "Would you believe me if I said it was Antonio?" Chuckling softly, the hairless cat led his son back towards their sleeping place as he remarked, "Honestly boy, you are living up to your name."

"The one my mom picked out for me?" Rascal mumbled quietly. Taken aback at first, Ozone sighed softly and rasped, "Yeah..." Laying down on the trash bag, the scraggly kitten meowed, "I wish I knew her."

"You'll see her one day, I'm sure of it," Ozone said reassuringly. Curling up around his son, he quietly groomed Rascal's patchy fur. Despite several bald patches, it was easy to see that the kitten was a gray tabby. Just like his mother. Finishing up, Ozone gazed down at his sleeping son, thinking about Chloe. He hadn't gone to visit her for a while out of fear the others might figure out their secret. He hoped she was alright.

Yawning sleepily, Ozone gave Rascal's head one last lick before he dozed off...