Having a Blast

"Snowball, you need to stop doing that. You're gonna give someone a heart attack," Duke scolded the rabbit, walking alongside Sky and Chase. Shrugging his shoulders, Snowball commented, "Oh come on, that's not gonna happen." Clutching his chest, Max wheezed, "Nope, it did happen."

"Crybaby," Snowball grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Uncle Snowball!" Luke and Sammy cheered, spotting the white rabbit. Gasping in delight, Snowball outstretched his arms just as the two puppies raced over and tackled him. The youngest child Snowy trotted over and nabbed the bunny by his ear, chewing on it playfully. His jaw hanging, Duke exclaimed, "No greeting for Uncle Duke?!"

"Hi Uncle Duke!" Luke yipped. Sighing in relief, Duke mumbled, "Thanks Luke."

"Okay, everyone move. Aunt Chloe is here," Chloe announced her arrival, pushing her way through Duke and Sky. Hearing her aunt, Cleo got up and trotted over to the cat. "Hi Aunt Chloe," the fluffy white puppy greeted, wagging her tail. Smiling, the gray tabby cat ruffled the fur on the pup's head playfully as she meowed, "Hello darling. What book are we reading today?"

"Why read when we could be having a water balloon battle!" Mel and Buddy howled, hoisting up a bucket of water balloons over their heads. Holding one in his clawed feet, Sweetpea chirped, a menacing grin on his face. Glancing up at the parakeet, Pops murmured, "I'm now even more terrified of Yellow Bird than I ever was..."

"I've tried warning you guys," Tiberius muttered. Everyone jumped, they had not been expecting the hawk to show up. Hugging her best friend, Gidget murmured, "It's good to see you. How are you feeling?" Returning the embrace, the old red tail rasped, "Not good but I'm okay. Figured it's time my boys learned how to hunt."

"I'm catching the biggest squirrel in the park!" Tobias boasted pridefully as he hopped down from his dad's back. Sliding off, Phoenix mumbled, "I just hope I can catch something..." Smiling softly, Gidget told the two young hawks, "I bet you will." Trotting up to his mother, Talon asked nervously, "Is it okay if I go along?"

"Of course sweetie, just be careful," Gidget said to her son. Thanking her, Talon followed the hawk family into the woods. At the same time, Ozone arrived in the meadow with his son Rascal hot on his heels. "Yeah, thanks for not giving us a ride ya jerk of a pigeon!" the hairless cat hissed. In the distance, Tiberius could be heard shouting, "Screw you too!"

"Wonderful, everyone is here. Let the water balloon battle begin!" Buddy barked, grabbing one from the bucket. Tapping her boyfriend on the shoulder, Sonya pointed out, "Don't hurt yourself, okay?" Kissing her on the cheek, Buddy reassured her calmly, "I'll be fine." Going back into warrior mode, he let out a war cry as he threw his weapon, splashing Mel right in the face. Everyone else scrambled to their battle stations, preparing for war...