Enough of the Secrets

"Well guys, it's time to head home," Snowball declared, standing up and stretching. Ozone, meanwhile, put out the fire. "See you guys tomorrow," the hairless cat meowed, getting up to his own paws. Gazing down at Rascal, he saw that his son was fast asleep. Sighing softly, the feline picked up the young kitten and draped him over his back.

"Here, let me help. You're gonna drop him if you carry him like that," Chloe murmured. Turning to his left, Ozone saw the gray tabby cat coming over to his side. Without saying another word, she adjusted Rascal a little so he didn't have a chance of falling off Ozone's back. Bowing his head gratefully, the hairless cat whispered, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Chloe whispered back, falling into step besides Ozone as they walked towards the entrance of Central Park. Everyone else had left them behind, so it was just them and Rascal. The felines walked in silence, lost in their own thoughts. Ozone almost forgot Chloe was there until the tabby murmured, "Do you remember the old days?"

"What, you mean the days where we hung out? Yeah, I remember them. Miss them too," Ozone admitted, nodding his head quietly. "Do you think we could bring those days back?" Chloe asked, catching the leader of the Alley Cats off guard. Looking up at her, the hairless cat stammered, "What do you mean?"

"I'm tired of the secrets, I want our son to know who both of his parents are," Chloe answered, her voice cracking slightly. She seemed so distraught. She pretty much, based on everything that happened almost three months ago. Wrapping his tail around hers, Ozone purred, "He will, we'll tell him. Together."