Newfound Love

Chloe was alone in her apartment the next morning. It had been three days since Ozone had saved her from the two Dobermans. Ever since that day, the hairless cat would come visit her to make sure she was okay from the traumatic experience. Whenever she went out alone on the streets to go somewhere farther than a block, he would have a patrol ready. He was often on the patrol himself. Chloe had also taken notice that Ozone didn't seem as depressed as before.

Just then, Ozone appeared at the window. "Good morning," he purred, his eyes beaming. Chloe purred as well, her tail flicking happily. She also took note that her heart seemed to beat faster. It beat a little faster whenever Ozone flashed his bright green eyes in her direction or his tail accidently touched her paw. What is going on with me? she wondered quietly, surprised by what she was feeling. Just then, the tabby put two and two together. Her eyes widened as she realized what it was.

"Something wrong?" Ozone asked, noticing the look on Chloe's face. He was generally concerned for her safety. Biting her lip, Chloe looked over at the hairless feline as she asked, "Ozone, what would you... say... if you had these certain... feelings towards someone?" She shuffled her paws nervously. Thinking for a moment, Ozone answered honestly, "I'd come clean with the person and tell them how I feel."

All of the sudden, Ozone found himself in an embrace as Chloe mumbled, "I love you." Shocked beyond belief, the hairless cat purred as he whispered, "I love you too Chloe."