Untold Agony

"I suggest you stay calm, he's been through a lot in such little time," Norman cautioned Gidget as the two climbed up the fire escape. Gidget solemnly nodded her head. She was deeply perplexed, questions swirling in her mind. However, the guinea pig had shared nothing on the situation, whatever it was. Just then, the pair arrived on the rooftop.

"Hi Aunt Gidget and Uncle Norman!" Tobias and Phoenix cried happily, bounding over to Gidget and Norman. Gidget noted how big the two brothers had grown. Looking them in the eye, she questioned quietly, "Where's your father?" Falling silent, the two glanced at each other before pointing towards the shed. Nodding her head in thanks, Gidget padded over with Norman on her heels.

Pushing the door open, Gidget peered into the gloomy shed. Her eyes rested on a mound near the back. Stepping over the bones, she nudged Tiberius awake. Lifting his head, the hawk gazed up at the Pomeranian with bloodshot eyes. Shocked, Gidget also noticed that his feathers seemed ragged and dull, his ribs showing up underneath. "What's wrong, did something happen?" she asked, looking around.

Tears brimming in his light brown eyes, Tiberius laid his head back down on the floor and whimpered, his body trembling terribly. Gidget was about to ask where Angel was when she figured it out in her head. Oh no... the thought entered her head. Sadness gripping her heart, Gidget got down and embraced Tiberius, trying to console the grieving hawk...