Little Ones

"Did you get her?" Angel asked as Tiberius landed on the roof with Gidget on his back. The Pomeranian looked just as surprised as Norman. Approaching the guinea pig, Gidget asked quietly, "Did you know anything about this?" The young guinea pig shook his head. Even more shocked, the Pomeranian exclaimed, "You two didn't tell anyone you were going to have kids?! No wonder why no one has seen you for a month!"

"I have my reasons. Now did you want to see them or not?!" Tiberius replied back. Just then, Angel called from inside the shed, "The one just moved!' Whirling around, Tiberius headed in, Gidget and Norman on his heels. Standing beside a nest with two eggs, Angel spoke in a hushed voice, "The one on the left." Just as she said that, it moved again. The four animals watched in silence as it continued to move. Nervous, Tiberius's heart pounded as a crack formed on the egg's shell. Eventually, a beak protruded through. After another minute and a half, a small hawk finally freed itself from its contraption. Angel leaned forward and nuzzled the little one lovingly just as the other one began to move.

Noticing that his friend was nervous and tense, Norman patted Tiberius's foot reassuringly. The old hawk relaxed a little as the second egg continued to move, followed by a small beak finally breaking through. Soon, a smaller hawk had joined the first in the nest. Forgetting his worries, Tiberius purred as he nuzzled his child. "Aww..." Gidget and Norman spoke softly as they watched the new parents with their children. Looking over at his friends, Tiberius whispered softly, "Thank you for being here guys."

"No problem, we'll let the others know," Gidget replied as she and Norman reluctantly turned to leave. As they left, Tiberius and Angel curled up beside their little ones. Angel was the first to fall asleep, a smile on her face. Purring, Tiberius sighed happily. The last thing he heard before closing his eyes was a soft voice saying, Well done brother, well done...