Almost Time...

"Duke, relax. I'm perfectly capable of walking over to Gidget's," Sky reassured Duke, who had been keeping a close eye on her ever since the pair had declared the future pups almost a month ago. They were due any day now. And, according to Pops' calculations, there was bound to be several puppies, based on the size of Sky's stomach.

"He still bothering you?" Sonya teased as Duke and Sky entered Gidget's apartment. Pepper, Chloe, Pops, Linda, Gidget, Max, Buddy and Mel were there too. "I'm not bothering her," Duke replied. Giggling, Sky licked his cheek lovingly. Groaning, Mel whined, "I wish I had a girlfriend..." Buddy patted his best friend reassuringly on the back.

"At least you don't have to worry about your granddaughter sneaking away, time after time, with someone you knew almost their entire life," Pops grumbled. Thinking for a moment, Mel commented, "I do have to worry about Sonya because she's my twin sister who's dating my best friend Buddy." Chloe rolled her eyes.

Just then, Sky let out a yelp. Already panicking, Duke cried, "What's wrong?!" Looking up at the large mutt with a terrified look in her eyes, the Siberian husky whimpered, "The pups... they're coming!"