Parenthood

"I hope Sky likes these," Gidget prayed as she and her mother Linda carried some soft blankets down towards the basement. Pops had suggested that it was the best place to raise a young pup, especially in the middle of March. It was much too cold outside on the streets. Plus, Sky would be safe from the clutches from animal control as long as no human found her on accident.

"Don't worry, she'll like them," Linda reassured Gidget, opening the door. Immediately, the two Pomeranians were greeted by a yipping fuzzball with legs. "Chase, be careful!" Sky called out, following her only son. Her eyes gleamed with motherly love as the young puppy named Chase ran around the basement. Even though he was born about two and a half weeks ago, he was pretty big for a pup his age.

Placing the blankets at Sky's feet, Linda spoke softly, "Here you go." Dipping her head in respect to the older dog, Sky replied kindly, "Thank you. Everyone's been so nice, bringing food and gifts for me and Chase." While the two conversed about bringing up puppies, Gidget watched Chase as he played. For some reason, her heart began to ache. I wonder what it would be like to be a mother... she thought quietly, sighing.