51

Miserable choices

a/n: hold on tight guys. i think this is my best work yet

Third Person

It was Thursday, towards the end of October. Remus Lupin and Jordan Potter kept their tradition of meeting on Thursdays to spend time alone with one another. It had been four years since the tradition had started and they intended to keep their promise until they no longer could.

"Have you mentioned to Sirius that you will be shagging his brother around this time tomorrow?" Remus asked, pulling his cigarette away from his lips. "I'm only asking because he has not mentioned it to me."

Jordan crossed her arms, staring at the stars above, but only able to think of one star. "James and he went to lunch the other day and discussed it. James said Sirius froze when he heard of what would have to take place in order for this to happen. I do not blame him though."

Remus bit his lip trying to hold back his words from spilling from his mouth. Unfortunately, they spilled anyway. "I lied. Sirius did mention it to me and according to him James knows Regulus and you have shagged before. Sirius came over to my flat that night and was a wreck."

"I mean this in the most loving way, Rem, but who cares that Sirius was a wreck? I was a wreck when he left me and he always stood by his word of doing that because of James." Jordan snapped. "If Sirius is a wreck because of someone I shagged three years ago, then he finally understands how I felt when he left me there after promising I was different. As for James knowing of Regulus and I, he needs to mention that to me, not Sirius. There are not three people in this marriage."

Putting out his cigarette, Remus nodded. "I agree with you, but I just thought you should know. I believe and trust in you when you say you are doing this for Evan and Reggie. I believe you when you say that it won't mean anything, because I believe that you love James."

Jordan turned to Remus and they locked eyes. "I wish he would believe me. He says he does, but I know that he won't until I come back from the trip and prove to him that I'm not in love with Regulus."

"What's the plan for this weekend with Regulus?" Remus asked, summoning Jordan and himself butterbeer.

She took the butterbeer from Remus and took a sip. "I do not know how we like this drink." Remus chuckled and Jordan continued. "Well, we have to be somewhere where Evan, James, and Harry are not. Evan suggested we go to Rosier Manor in Paris and spend all day Friday there and return Saturday afternoon before the Order meeting. Paris is the city of love."

"Paris also has two different meanings to me" Remus muttered. "Anyways, I think that is perfect. The two of you are already comfortable around each other, so now you just have to set the mood."

"Don't say that ever again." Jordan groaned

"Oh, I will say it all the time now." Remus laughed, but it quickly died because there was a cry from Harry. He watched as Jordan instantly sat up and put everything aside for her son. "You're getting good at this, Jo."

Jordan-Ella stopped and turned to Remus with a smile. "I am, aren't I? You're welcome to come join me as I take care of my son. Merlin knows how many times I will have to tell James that I got him."

Remus sat up and fixed his jumper. "Of course I will join you. Uncle Moons has to get his daily dose of Hazza."

------

James' grip on Jordan's waist tightened as he sat on the bed and she packed. "Please, don't go." He shoved his head into her abdomen. "Just stay here. I can't go a night without you." James mumbled.